New Wheels

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

I got winter tyres just before Christmas (Continental Winter Contacts) to be compliant with Belgium/Luxembourg/French regional regs, but couldn't get a spare set of wheels at the time because the ones I wanted had a really long lead time.

Originally I wanted the same as I have (19" Proteus silver) as they were the basic wheels the car came with. If I damaged one, I figured I'd have 4 spares!
Then they told me they were discontinued.

A few months later I look again, and they're back but slightly different, but more than 2x the price! They were £309, but are now £666!
So I looked at the Crystals, which are kind of similar, and £313, and then on the off chance, I asked how much the Regulus were, and whether they were available.
When I bought the car, Regulus were more expensive in the configurator, and not in the accessories brochure at all.
Now, they're £336. Kind of weird, but I've gone for a set of those.
60 Loft Graphite Grey ordered late Nov 2021, delivered late June 2022. UK based
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
chrome, transport, sport drive basic, assisted drive basic, parking basic, light and view basic. ME3.0.0 (from factory)

IanEV

Post by IanEV »

I have Regulus and Proteus. Far prefer the Regulus loads easier to clean
Ordered August 2021, collected 28/4
iV60 Loft, v3.0 software,
Velvet red, pano roof,
basic parking and convenience pack
100kw upgraded free of charge
Podpoint home charger
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

IanEV wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:12 pm I have Regulus and Proteus. Far prefer the Regulus loads easier to clean

Hmm. Was thinking of having the Regulus for summer...
Summer wheels will be on longer, but winter wheels will probably get dirtier...
60 Loft Graphite Grey ordered late Nov 2021, delivered late June 2022. UK based
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
chrome, transport, sport drive basic, assisted drive basic, parking basic, light and view basic. ME3.0.0 (from factory)
IanEV

Post by IanEV »

I’m having the same dilemma but the Regulus came with Winter tyres. I’m planning on ceramic coating the Proteus before putting them back on the car after Easter.
Ordered August 2021, collected 28/4
iV60 Loft, v3.0 software,
Velvet red, pano roof,
basic parking and convenience pack
100kw upgraded free of charge
Podpoint home charger
foot tapper

Post by foot tapper »

We bought the car with 20" silver wheels and summer tyres.

For winter, we went for the Skoda 19" Regulus wheel & Pirelli winter tyre package, as this is so much better value than buying everything separately.

The car is much happier and better riding on the 19" wheels than the 20s. We're tempted to sell the 20" wheels and just run the car on the Regulus 19s for both winter & summer (with a new set of summer tyres)
Best regards, FT
orrery

Post by orrery »

The 20" compared to 19" being better is a fairly universal finding. Many of the new car specs declare reduced range on larger wheels.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post