Dog guard and boot separator

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
aardvark

Post by aardvark »

We've had our Enyaq for almost six months now, and in general, we love it and have learned to live with the minor quirks that have turned up from time to time. However, having recently decided to get a dog, I'm trying to research options on the best way to separate the boot space. Unfortunately, the car we eventually got wasn't the one we had originally specced, (due to delivery delays, we went with an almost-but-not-quite identical one), and the option we did get in the end didn't have the net that separates the boot area from the passenger compartment, and it doesn't appear to have the hooks in the ceiling to attach anything either.

Does anyone here have any experience with / would recommend any specific brand of dog guard / boot separator? I've seen these two options:

https://www.travall.co.uk/dog-guard
https://www.guardsmandogguards.co.uk/pr ... no-g1613b/

They're both about the same price, and have the option to have a vertical separator in the boot to protect the dog from any luggage. I'd love to hear if anyone has any experience with these, as it would be a first for me. I'm a bit skeptical about the second one, as it seems to rely on being wedged between the rear seat and the body to be held in place, but hey, if it works....

Thanks!

rpjwhite

Post by rpjwhite »

I have ordered the guardman one. The fixing is the same as what I had in my Passat so I have no concerns.
RichR

Post by RichR »

We breed and show Smooth Collies - in my Enyaq we have removable steel framed soft crates, as it means I can easily take them out if I need the boot for other things and we can take them into show halls. The load cover holds them down securely so there's no danger of them moving in a crash. In my wife's VW Caravelle though we have a custom made steel cage setup, which can take four dogs in comfort and safety.

IMG_0570.JPEG

Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
aardvark

Post by aardvark »

RichR wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:55 pm We breed and show Smooth Collies - in my Enyaq we have removable steel framed soft crates, as it means I can easily take them out if I need the boot for other things and we can take them into show halls. The load cover holds them down securely so there's no danger of them moving in a crash. In my wife's VW Caravelle though we have a custom made steel cage setup, which can take four dogs in comfort and safety.
IMG_0570.JPEG
Cheers Rich. This is something we considered as well, and might end up going with a crate in the end, depending on whether we can find something that the dog likes and finds comfortable.
rpjwhite wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:58 pm I have ordered the guardman one. The fixing is the same as what I had in my Passat so I have no concerns.
Thanks; that's really good to know.
GPY

Post by GPY »

We have the Travall dog guard and divider. Used it with our lab going to the Lakes the other week and worked well. Had a previous one from Travall for my two old Outlanders for seven years and it held up well. It wasn’t a problem for us but unlike the Outlander divider the Enyaq one does not go all the way to the boot roof.
In summary very pleased with it.
Hope that helps
Ordered Oct 21 IV 80 energy blue, loft interior, heat pump, climate pack, convenience pack, retractable tow bar
KevinB

Post by KevinB »

I posted a new thread about it but I found the Dog Health UK Pyramid crate the perfect size for my Enyaq Coupe boot. It fits perfectly front to rear under the slope of the rear seat and slope of the rear window. The door opens without interference from the boot lip. It allows you to drop the seats and still gives you long load capacity on the 1/3 side of the boot and still gives access to 1/3 of the normal boot. The ski hatch also opens and you have visibility into the crate to check on the hound!

A little bit of pond liner protects the boot lip & bumper nicely from scrabbling paws on entry!

This is the GYC04P model and no, I'm nothing to do with their business, just a satisfied customer.

https://www.doghealth.co.uk/products/ca ... =212685991

tempImageoyAnN7.gif

Enyaq Coupe iV VRs - 82KWh - 299PS - 4x4 - Pheonix Orange Metallic - 21" Vision Anthracite Wheels
aardvark

Post by aardvark »

KevinB wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:06 am I posted a new thread about it but I found the Dog Health UK Pyramid crate the perfect size for my Enyaq Coupe boot. It fits perfectly front to rear under the slope of the rear seat and slope of the rear window. The door opens without interference from the boot lip. It allows you to drop the seats and still gives you long load capacity on the 1/3 side of the boot and still gives access to 1/3 of the normal boot. The ski hatch also opens and you have visibility into the crate to check on the hound!

A little bit of pond liner protects the boot lip & bumper nicely from scrabbling paws on entry!

This is the GYC04P model and no, I'm nothing to do with their business, just a satisfied customer.

GPY wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:46 pm We have the Travall dog guard and divider. Used it with our lab going to the Lakes the other week and worked well. Had a previous one from Travall for my two old Outlanders for seven years and it held up well. It wasn’t a problem for us but unlike the Outlander divider the Enyaq one does not go all the way to the boot roof.
Hope that helps
Thank you both; always good to have more options and actual reviews.
Sopranogrape0

Post by Sopranogrape0 »

KevinB wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:06 am I posted a new thread about it but I found the Dog Health UK Pyramid crate the perfect size for my Enyaq Coupe boot. It fits perfectly front to rear under the slope of the rear seat and slope of the rear window. The door opens without interference from the boot lip. It allows you to drop the seats and still gives you long load capacity on the 1/3 side of the boot and still gives access to 1/3 of the normal boot. The ski hatch also opens and you have visibility into the crate to check on the hound!

Thanks for posting of your dog crate success and for thoughtfully including the photo.
I'm undertaking some early recce on dog transport options, having just placed my order for a Coupe iV 85 Edition.

I'm wondering whether 2 crates would fit, side by side but having read and re-read your post it implies that just the 1 crate takes up 2/3 of the lateral floor area?

Ultimately, I shall ask my dealer for the lateral floor area of the lowered boot that narrows somewhat and make my decision from there.

I've already asked DogHealth, who supply the Pyramis Crates, in case they've had a dry run with fitting 2 crates side by side and they've been so helpful but unfortunately cannot answer my specific query. They have though kindly invited me to Norfolk to try the crates for size but as I am not expecting to take delivery until September-ish, this doesn't apply.

Yes, I have made Life slightly more complicated by not ordering the Enyaq iV but coming from having owned 5 Ford Galaxy's in a row, I fancied something different and dare I say, sexier, hence the Coupe :)
Enyaq Coupe iV 85 Edition Graphite Grey on order, (10.4.2024)
Bog standard, no frills nor fancies.
Proteus wheels but subject to change?
Sopranogrape0

Post by Sopranogrape0 »

GPY wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:46 pm We have the Travall dog guard and divider. Used it with our lab going to the Lakes the other week and worked well. Had a previous one from Travall for my two old Outlanders for seven years and it held up well. It wasn’t a problem for us but unlike the Outlander divider the Enyaq one does not go all the way to the boot roof.
Hope that helps
I have used Travall Dog Guards and Dividers with my Galaxy's throughout their evolution. On enquiring for a Coupe Dog Guard and Divider, it was a categoric 'No' as there is absolutely no call for them.

The above, combined with The Hatchbag. Never again for the latter. It loses its hook and eye, (Velcro), adhesive so quickly and so droops thus fails to do what it it says on the tin.
Enyaq Coupe iV 85 Edition Graphite Grey on order, (10.4.2024)
Bog standard, no frills nor fancies.
Proteus wheels but subject to change?
RichR

Post by RichR »

These measurements are for my Enyaq (with the Transport Pack - ie flat boot floor, level with the boot opening). It's the SUV shape, so not sure about Coupe - width will be the same, but not necessarily the others.

Floor area (between the wheelarches) is 100 cm.
Distance from boot door to top of back seats is 70cm.
Distance from boot door to bottom of back seats is 96cm.
Height from floor/bottom of door to top of door opening is 73cm.
Height from floor to load cover is 57cm.

My soft crates fit to just under the load cover (as you can see in the photo from last year), which actually works nicely to hold them in place. They're getting a bit tatty now so I'll maybe look at replacing them later this year. However they are the right size for our Smooth Collies, and have the flexibility that I can just take them out and fold them up if I need the boot for something else quite easily. Obviously that won't work for people with bigger dogs :)
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post