Spare wheel size

Post pictures of your Skoda Enyaq here
andyr

Post by andyr »

Hello , i have recently taken delivery of a new enyaq and looking into getting a spare wheel to keep in the garage for a rainy day . question is i have 20" alloys on mine and a college has 21" , the wheel that i have seen is 18" but i guess with the depth of tyre makes up the difference but it states that it is
SUITABLE FOR SKODA ENYAQ
FITTED WITH 18",19",20" FACTORY WHEELS , is there any reason why it wouldnt cover the 21" , thinking that these are just lower profile than mine

Cwl80

Post by Cwl80 »

My Enyaq 80 Sports Line on 20in wheels hasn’t been built yet but sat in the garage is a spare wheel for that rainy day.It is a 145/80R 18 rated to 50mph .It’s there for that flat tyre from a nail in the morning or for a family member to rescue you when your close to home.I have of cause bought everything else I need to change the wheel.
Ordered 16/06/ 2022 80 Sports Line ,Race blue ,pan roof .My 5th Skoda when it comes,present car 2020 Octavia Estate
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

Where does the spare wheel fit ? I’m on 21” and been stuck before and not noticed where it would be stored if I was to buy one
comment23

Post by comment23 »

From the OP: “to keep in the garage”.
Electric since December 2022
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

Whoops , I’ve always used https://www.willtheyfit.com/ when switching wheels and tyres in the past there is more sites out there too . If it’s just for emergency then doesn’t need to be 100% matched unless it’s different with EVs
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

We bought an 18” spare for our previous Enyaq (2021 80 IV on 20” wheels). It lived in the boot. When stowed upright (using Poundshop lightweight ratchet strap) against the offside boot trim it precluded use of the retractable cover. When stowed flat on the boot floor the cover could be used normally but space was more compromised…

It came from The Wheel Shop in Manchester. The rim appears to be genuine VW Group and is stamped as such. THE ROLLING DIAMETER IS CONSIDERABLY LESS THAN THAT OF THE ENYAQ WHEELS. My plan, in the event of tyre damage the repair gunk wouldn’t temporarily fix, was to use it on the front end and drive very cautiously for as short a distance as possible. (Obviously in the event of a more common rear puncture a two way change would have been necessary/desirable because I didn’t want to put the final drive under big continuous strain.)

A recent upgrade to an Enyaq VRS on 21” wheels precludes the upright spare wheel storage option. It now has to be stowed flat on the boot floor. The modified plan still involves mounting the spare on the front-doing a two way change if necessary-but being even more cautious so as not to bring 4x4 into play while using the spare.

The spare living on the boot floor with the dish uppermost offers a perfect place to stow the neatly coiled charging cable-much better than that rectangular space under the floor.

Fossilnot

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post