Hive EV Charger: Alfen - Offline?

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

Niche request so hopefully the relevant people have some knowledge.

Octo Intelligence user since Feb with no issues using British Gas install of Hive EV charger - Alfen S Line.

Noticed that the charger has gone ‘offline’. As a result it didn’t pick up in my octopus app the charging request yesterday so it charged me at peak rate and didn’t stop the charge like normal, waiting for the off peak time.

Has anyone experienced this? Tried to reset the MATT-E device as recommended but it’s not come back online. Couple scrolls of the forum regarding the charger but nothing conclusive…

I would have thought there would be a way to check through IO if the charger became disconnected etc. Still showing in my device list but nothing.

I’ve not been able to call yet so just curious if there is an obvious solution.

Will hopefully call tomorrow but just interested if anyone has experience of above issue.

snalbansed

Post by snalbansed »

I thought that unless you have an Ohme charger the process is controlled by Octopus interfacing with Skoda webservers, (effectively the same as the Skoda app does), and the webservers telling the car to start our stop charging.

The wall charger is dumb in the whole process.

So if the Hive EV charger is charging at all, I don't think it being online or not will make any difference?
Sportline, Artic Silver, parking+, infotainment+, convenience+, family basic, assisted drive+, climate+, towbar
Ordered 20th December 2021, mine 21st March 2023
Charger: Zappi

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post