ACC on and braking

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

Anyone noticed when ACC is activated (keeping speed constant) and braking quite often it will not regenerate, but use the brakes? Does not do it all the time, but more often than I would expect. Without tempomat active I did not notice at all braking without regeneration.
Last edited by Vasarolli on Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hillocklane

Post by Hillocklane »

I've not noticed this... but can I ask how do you know its using the brakes and not regen system?
RichR

Post by RichR »

Also don't forget that with a full (or nearly full) battery, it's not possible to use regenerative braking at all (this is true of all EVs). Usually the cruise control system will aim to reduce power to match the required speed, and ACC will simply remove power unless it's not slowing quickly enough and only then use the friction brakes.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

How I noticed: regen bar does not show up, I would say also feeling of braking is different.
Try in city area, set to 50 or something and brake. Does not always happen, but never happens when "tempomat" is off.
Battery not charged to 100%, typically charging to 80. Not sure, maybe it just does it as emergency brake? Need to test more if car needs to be in front or not. But I think it just does it even there is no car ahead of me.
Last edited by Vasarolli on Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

Anyone noticed this behavior? Could you test with your car? Just set the speed according to speed limit and brake (when approaching. Red light, intersection... I get quite often no regen at all. Annoying as using acc in city as well a lot, no so much traffic around here in Finland :)
Last edited by Vasarolli on Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

Hi, anybody willing to test on their car? Pretty annoying, contacted Skoda but no luck so far.
Activate ACC, lock the speed and then brake. Easy as that. My experience is that it is quite often not regenerating while braking, independent how sudden and strong you brake. Not always, but quite often (vs practically never without acc activated.
Appreciate your help on this. Is it my car only or is it just a SW bug...?
Last edited by Vasarolli on Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KrisN

Post by KrisN »

Hi

I have found the following :
1. ACC on and leave the car to brake by itself : regen bar shows charging the battery
2. ACC on, put foot down on brakes and leave it there : regen bar shows charging the battery
3. ACC on, tap and release brake : disengages ACC and puts the car into a mode like knocking yourself out of gear and freewheeling - no regen visible on the screen. I don't know whether this means there is no regen or just none indicated on the screen
Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

Thanks, @KrisN,

Case 2: if you try a few times does it always use regen? I found it often does not.

Case 3, I think that is expected, disengage acc and freewheel as car is in D, no braking should happen.
Case1, work like charm.
Last edited by Vasarolli on Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KrisN

Post by KrisN »

Yes, it always goes into regen when I put my foot on the brake
Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

Thanks. So this could be only my car somehow... Interesting.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post