Prospective new owner

New to the Skoda Enyaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Martin26

Post by Martin26 »

Hi all

Have been browsing these forums whilst doing some research into EV's and which would best suit my needs. Enyaq test drive arranged for later this week, but 99% certain I'll be buying one.

Will be opting for the 80, but still to decide on options/packs. Currently leaning towards the Sportline (2WD, not 4WD).

My biggest decision through is whether to order now (been quoted a 17 week lead time from local dealer) or wait for MY24 model and get the advantage of the latest software and battery management. Dealer suggested only orders from 1 October onwards can be guaranteed to be MY24.

What's the consensus? Worth waiting til October to order and be assured of MY24? (I imagine possible risk of price increase for MY24 models?)

Having initially thought a heat pump was a "must have" I'm now thinking it's not needed. There seem to be mixed views, but even the dealer has said they're not really needed if you're going be home charging the majority of the time (which I am).

xioxyx

Post by xioxyx »

I’d have thought by now that any new order would be MY24 - isn’t the factory changeover about now? Unless they’re offering you something from stock. I’d take the risk and not wait any longer. I have the MY23 sportline 2nd and it’s great. I think you can get too hung up on this feature or that that might be present on the next one - there will always be a newer/better one along at some point anyway. I doubt MY24 is going to give you an extra 50 miles of range or double your charging speed.
Enyaq

Post by Enyaq »

Any Enyaq is a great car, I would just get your name on the list asap....... :P
iV60 Arctic Silver, 20" Vega's, Pod Point 7kw home charger. F & R Dash cams with fuse mod. and a few farkles...... :D
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

There is always something new or an update come by for anything.
You just have to take what is available if you need it by a particular date.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post