Carplay

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Bryanmet

Post by Bryanmet »

Is it possible to get Google Maps showing full-screen using Apple CarPlay?
Private Car: Enyaq IV60 Suite - Brilliant Silver, 21” Alloys, Convenience Plus, Parking Basic, Climate Basic, Tow Bar, 100Kw. Ordered 21/07/21 - Delivered 22/11/21.

Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

I couldn’t find a way. Apple Maps displays full screen though and also puts the directions up on the dash, similar to inbuilt navigation.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
livingforever

Post by livingforever »

Bryanmet wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:46 pm Is it possible to get Google Maps showing full-screen using Apple CarPlay?
I’ve been using Google Maps and Waze on mine for the last few weeks and not noticed they weren’t full screen?

What does it look like on yours?
Fenders

Post by Fenders »

I just went outside and refreshed my memory on how I had stumbled upon enabling this. In the lower left corner of your CarPlay screen on the Enyaq display (assuming same whether left or right hand drive cars) there should be a series of small white squares if you are not yet in full screen mode. Touch those. Then the squares change to a block and some strips, indicating you can switch back to a hybrid view (which I assume you are currently seeing w Google Maps on left and Music /etc on right). Let me know if this works! I definitely prefer the fluidity of Google Maps to the native nav but I do like the extra augmented reality turn reminder bit when the native nav is active in the heads up display.
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

The real problem for me is that I really like the hud graphics for navigation.
Whilst apple map does give directions on the dash and in the hud, it does not do the graphics, so I am really stuck using the inbuilt one.
It’s pretty good on the whole though, perhaps not the best with delays and closures though.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
Bryanmet

Post by Bryanmet »

This is how it looks for me.

IMG_1244.jpeg

Private Car: Enyaq IV60 Suite - Brilliant Silver, 21” Alloys, Convenience Plus, Parking Basic, Climate Basic, Tow Bar, 100Kw. Ordered 21/07/21 - Delivered 22/11/21.
Pict

Post by Pict »

That looks as if you have selected the Android Auto/ Car Play widget.

Hold your finger on it until you get the edit layout options and then delete the widget and then all should return to normal. At least that is how it is for AA
60 Lounge, Quartz Grey, 100 kW charging, Tow bar, Sunroof, Comfort Basic, Family Basic, Climate Plus, Convenience Basic, Drive Sport Basic, Assisted Drive Basic, Parking Basic

Mrs PIct has MG ZS EV, so a fully electric household
livingforever

Post by livingforever »

Bryanmet wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:37 pm This is how it looks for me.
Huh, yeah mine does not look like that at all!

I’d investigate the widget thing suggested by Pict.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Yes - that's the display when you've got Carplay/Android Auto in a widget/button - rather than the application running on its own. I have a 1x1 widget for Carplay so I can switch between it and radio easily. If you go for the 3x3 one, then it runs in the widget - ie not full screen (as you have room for three 1x1 widgets down the right hand side).
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Bryanmet

Post by Bryanmet »

Yes - it was the widget causing the issue! Deleted it and now full screen! Thanks all!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post