ACC on and braking

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
RichR

Post by RichR »

Any chance the subject title of this thread could be edited? 'Breaking' and 'braking' are very different things and it could be misleading to people searching in future.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

RichR wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:55 am Any chance the subject title of this thread could be edited? 'Breaking' and 'braking' are very different things and it could be misleading to people searching in future.
Yes please - I thought the topic was that the ACC was broken!
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995
Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

Haha, right. Pardon my English, break or brake sounds same to me ;) Can't change the subject myself, not sure if an admin could do that?
Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

Anyway, if you could test on your car braking this time while acc activated it would be appreciated.
Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

Bringing back this topic, now that more of you have the car, maybe can get more tests done.

Turn on acc and lock the speed. Drive as normally you do and then brake at the traffic light or just whenever needed (like in city environment). Check the main displays: is the car regenerating while braking?

Iv60 in my case it does not regenerate most of the time. Sometimes it does. Regenerates properly every time I brake if acc is not used (semi active, but speed not locked).

Anyone else has this bug?
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

/\ I will check this out tomorrow 👍. I use ACC all the time now.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Regen breaking works fine all of the time - I watch ithe display at junctions, roundabouts etc. especicially noticable with travel assist on.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

Thanks Perchede. Just to confirm that is with "manual" braking? So then the acc disengages? When it brakes itself it works fine for me.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Vasarolli wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:10 pm Thanks Perchede. Just to confirm that is with "manual" braking? So then the acc disengages? When it brakes itself it works fine for me.

My observation is that there is less apparent regen when I’m manually braking, compared to when ACC brakes for me at roundabouts etc.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
RichR

Post by RichR »

Remember that when the car is controlling the 'throttle' it will only add enough power to maintain the speed it needs do, so will tend not to overaccelerate and need to slow down as often as a person would. I've noticed when approaching a roundabout on ACC it regenerates plenty, though it does start decelerating earlier than I would - which no doubt is better use of energy. Generally I think it'll always prefer to use regen to slow down (as it does in auto-regen D mode), because it's aiming to maximise efficiency.

The only time I've known ACC apply the friction brakes is when I came off a motorway on a curved slip road and it accelerated until it saw the cars waiting at the roundabout and then friction braked rather than regen braked so we'd stop in time. Obviously I could have taken over at any time and stopped it accelerating but it started braking fractionally before I was about to start doing it anyway.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post