Intelligent Octopus

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
PulsarBarry

Post by PulsarBarry »

Hi All, first post here. Skoda iV80 Sportline owner. I have been trying to switch to intelligent Octopus. When I first checked it said I was good to go, I then spent a little time researching the implications and decided to give it a go. Now it won't let me join (when I answer the questions on the sign-up page it just keeps going around in a loop) and Customer 'service' say the Enyaq isn't a supported vehicle - yet I see people here with I.O! Am I being fobbed off, lied to or what? Takes ages to hear back from these people! I'm on the Go Tariff at the moment. Thanks.
Enyaq Sportline 80, red, with most of the packs and ordered with 125kW charging option. Delivered August 2021

Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

Enyaq is supported, it works for me. You have to have a compatible charger as well though.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
PulsarBarry

Post by PulsarBarry »

Thank you Ken, my Zappi is apparently supported but they tell me the car is not.
Enyaq Sportline 80, red, with most of the packs and ordered with 125kW charging option. Delivered August 2021
Ric

Post by Ric »

Well I use a zappi for my Enyaq to access IO and it seems to work fine. There's stacks of advice on this site on how to get sorted.
PulsarBarry

Post by PulsarBarry »

Ric wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:09 pm Well I use a zappi for my Enyaq to access IO and it seems to work fine. Thanks Ric. May I ask, in the Myenergy app, did you simply set the Zappi to 'manual' to allow IO to work? At this time of year I charge almost exclusively from my solar array, I assume that will still be possible?
Pict

Post by Pict »

Ken3966 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:27 pm Enyaq is supported, it works for me. You have to have a compatible charger as well though.
Only one of car or charger is required to be compatible.

We have a Rolec Wallpod set in dumb mode and intelligently charge the Enyaq and use the MG's in car schedule for that
60 Lounge, Quartz Grey, 100 kW charging, Tow bar, Sunroof, Comfort Basic, Family Basic, Climate Plus, Convenience Basic, Drive Sport Basic, Assisted Drive Basic, Parking Basic

Mrs PIct has MG ZS EV, so a fully electric household
Bryanmet

Post by Bryanmet »

I have Enyaq 60 and Podpoint Solo charger and have been in IO for a couple of months. It took about half a dozen goes at the test charge before I finally managed to get it to work but got there in the end. It’s a bit quirky but working fine so far.
Private Car: Enyaq IV60 Suite - Brilliant Silver, 21” Alloys, Convenience Plus, Parking Basic, Climate Basic, Tow Bar, 100Kw. Ordered 21/07/21 - Delivered 22/11/21.
Littlewind

Post by Littlewind »

Had issue with connecting Enyaq to Octopus Intelligent. Then found out that if I subscribe to Connect Care through MySkoda (free for a year), vehicle found!! Test connection successful. And I am on Intelligent now.
PulsarBarry

Post by PulsarBarry »

Thanks everybody, for your input. After some faffing around I got it to work and am waiting to see how a test charge goes tonight. I'll have to manage the system to charge from our solar array during the day, so a bit more faffing, but worth it for the better tariff rate and extra 2hrs of low rate over the Go tariff I was on.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Ken3966 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:27 pm Enyaq is supported, it works for me. You have to have a compatible charger as well though.
You don't require a compatible charger. My Pod Point inat compatible yet I'm on the tariff.

It's an either or affair they take control of your charger OR vehicle to set the scheduling.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post