Intelligent Octopus Setup

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

If you set it up with the car, it will start charging when you connect.

Octopus polls the car regularly, circa every 10minutes i would guess. Once it sees the car is at home and charging, it tells the car to stop, and creates the charge profile based on SOC etc.

I often get the "unsuccessful in controlling the charge" message but 99.9% of the time its totally fine. I think that message appears if the car doesnt respond promptly to the command, but the network might just be having a slow minute and it does actually do it. It will also "catch up" so if it misses a start time for whatever reason, it will extend the charging session to compensate, rather than blindly following the original plan.

I think only once has the car actually completely failed to charge.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite

anglefire

Post by anglefire »

I'd forgotten I had put something on here! - this is what I basically put on FB this morning - though some probably more relevant here. (Some is repeated probably!)

I have now got my EV (Skoda Enyaq) 2023 running v3.6 software and a Zappi 2 charger with latest firmware on it.
I’ve been trying to switch to IO Go since the weekend and it kept failing on the test charge.
Car would show a red light on the charging port.
Works fine when the zappi starts it.
Last night set the car to charge off peak (already on Go) and it didn’t work. Set the zappi off and started to charge the car. Woke at about 4:20 just before the end of the cheap period and car happily charging. So I thought I would trigger the test charge. And it worked!
I then asked it to be ready at 6:30 and was allocated some charge slots. But the car said it was unplugged - which it isn’t.
Now the Skoda app says the it can’t see the charge information and there is a red light on the car again.
Seems to me that octopus can’t wake the car up or something is different in the cars software causing a crash somewhere.
But at least I am on Intelligent Go. Just got to work out how I’m going to get it to actually charge!
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

As soon as I plug in I press pause charge via the central display. This avoids sometimes a fairly lengthy charge at peak rate before OI notices the car and pauses the charge.
The car will still have a schedule set and charge correctly later.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
anglefire

Post by anglefire »

The servers aren't playing again and the charging status is unavailable. When I plug in, nothing happens. The Zappi knows it's plugged in.........
HugosDad

Post by HugosDad »

Also seeing servers down. Car plugged in and continues to charge, has rinsed my battery storage already :-(i
iV80X, Black Magic, 20” Vega Anthracite, Comfort Seat Pack Plus, Convenience Pack Plus, Heat Pump, Transport Pack, Light and View Pack Plus, Assisted Drive Pack Plus, Climate Pack Plus, Parking Pack, Family Pack. Acquired Aug 2023
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

It’s working fine here?
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
IanJ

Post by IanJ »

Not working here also. The app has been having intermittent connections this evening and I can't connect to the car via the Skoda Connect webpage. Looks as though I'll have to do an old fashioned manual charge tonight!
iV 80 Suite, Arctic Silver plus various packages. ME 3.1
Ordered late Oct 21 for delivery June 2022. Scheduled production now Week 29 (was previously late September). In transit 25 July 22. Delivered as ordered 17 August 22.
orrery

Post by orrery »

My Octopus Go was coming to an end mid October, so I started asking about Intelligent Octopus when I saw the renewal quote for Go.
I followed through the process, which didn't work due to design issues with the App and the complete lack of any guide, but I got there in the end - the car was charging on IO by 6th September.
The Octopus statement came end of September, and I was still being charged on Go rates (meaning some of my charging was in peak rates) so I emailed Octopus - no reply.
I checked in the app after mid October, expecting to see Intelligent Octopus but it showed I was now on Flexible Octopus at horrendous rates. I emailed again.
I've just an email from octopus CS saying they can't see any records of my frequent communications with them as I was trying to set up IO, including a specific request from me on 6th September asking for confirmation of my tariff and the reply confirming I was on IO. I've had to forward my emails and their replies to them.
Not good.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.
Dad

Post by Dad »

That’s a poor show. Fingers crossed they do the right thing.
IV60, quartz grey, suite trim, regulus smoke grey alloys, parking basic, climate basic, 100KW charging.

Octopus Referral code to receive £50 credit
Use this link https://share.octopus.energy/clean-dingo-514
Or referral code clean-dingo-514
spinna1969

Post by spinna1969 »

Here’s a question for Enyaq and Octopus IO compatibility. What’s going to happen when 4.0’s appear? Is Octopus going to be compatible?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post