New error and car alarm triggering every ten mins

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
frankfurterbear1

Post by frankfurterbear1 »

Anyone had this error message on the app.
Car has been booked in since early Aug for drive shaft error after update.
Running about 3.6kwh for last 6months and only get 162mile out a full charge.
When error message came on I dropped 30miles straight away.
Now get the car alarm going off roughly every 10mins. Since Aug it has went off roughly twice a night, last night was easily 20.

Screenshot_20231123_095013_Mykoda.jpg

Deleted User 2312

Post by Deleted User 2312 »

This error is because the 12V battery is flat, which also causes the alarm to go off, and when it goes off it will eventually make the 12V battery more flat.

What country are you in?
Does the car have any schedules for charging? If so, delete.
Do you have any schedules for climate set? If so, delete.
Is there any service controlling the charging via car? If so, switch it off and disable it.
Have you been updated to ME3+ and was the battery done as part of this? If not, get this done.
Do you have any OBD dongle plugged in permanently? If so, remove it.
Do you have anything plugged into 12V sockets permanently? If so, remove it.
Have you fit a dashcam? If so, disconnect it.

Make sure the car has plenty of time to charge. Sit in the car with ignition on (foot on break to switch on).

As my other posts (different account as I accidentally deleted it), I had this issue with the alarm after the electric drive appeared. I took it to the dealer who diagnosed the battery fault (still waiting for repair), but I believe they also did more than this. The latest recall for BCM(or gateway or whatever it’s called) software suggests this can’t be updated OTA, I think they may have updated this - they claim not though. Since the car was returned from them the issue has not happened again.
Dav00

Post by Dav00 »

I have read about this thing of the alarm going off quite often. Out of curiosity, in case it happens, please is there a way to disable the alarm? Doubt software can do it - if anything, it seems the cause - but maybe a fuse or something like that?
Deleted User 2312

No, there is not. The alarm has an internal battery also so in event of 12v disconnect it goes off. Which is why it goes off when main 12v goes flat.

It’s to prevent someone cutting the wires to disable and steal car.

Disconnecting completely will cause it to go off until the internal battery is flat, then it will stop.
frankfurterbear1

Ayrshire, Scotland. New battery was fitted with update in August, since then I've had this issue, every night, last night charging was at 3.5k instead of 7k and never got past 90%. Waiting for Parks of Hamilton servicing to phone me back but followed all your steps.
EnyaqAndy wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:11 pm No, there is not. The alarm has an internal battery also so in event of 12v disconnect it goes off. Which is why it goes off when main 12v goes flat.

Disconnecting completely will cause it to go off until the internal battery is flat, then it will stop.
frankfurterbear1

Skoda Assist (AA) are coming out between 8.15 and 10.15 tonight. I have went 14 weeks with alarm going off multiple times, will scream if it is just the battery which they supposedly replaced.
Was just in M&S there and came out to hear you guessed it the alarm going off!

Where is the battery located for the alarm so I make it easy for the AA chap to reach?
Deleted User 2312

Often the alarm horn assembly itself can contain the battery, its small and not replaceable. - not always though.

Replacing this is destructive and difficult. It's not easy to do and Skoda/AA assist won't help.

If you do have a dash cam, and its been wired into the overhead console somewhere by whoever fit it, then I suggest you get this removed as the interior motion sensor is in the overhead console also and its not impossible a dash cam could have accidentally been wired to a connection for this by mistake.
Deleted User 2312

By the way, I got this app notification / error for the first time today, after getting a notification about it being cold tonight/tomorrow and to charge the car more. It’s no colder tonight than any time recently.

Interestingly my wife had to make an unplanned last minute 120 mile round trip today and arrived home with 4% charge. I suggested she put the car in ECO mode and switch the climate off entirely on the way home to ensure she made it so she had heat from heated seat and steering wheel only, plus radio, lights and wipers going. The app also said ‘window heating’ but no idea why.

I’m wondering if with very low SOC, and/or eco mode the DCDC converter max output is reduced and the 12V battery is allowed to drop lower, still should never be to a level that causes errors and issues.

Assuming you don’t drive the same way often and so this not a common issue…

During the diagnostic for the electric drive issue I get an eye on what they were doing via the app, I noticed via the app that at times the bonnet and both doors were open for a good while, and others that only some systems were communicating. It does make me think they have done more than they said - I see no reason for having the bonnet open when diagnosing the electric drive issue via OBD for example.
frankfurterbear1

Yellow AA assist from Skoda turned up, said nothing he could do. I phoned skoda exist back, by that time AA man spoke to someone in Birmingham who explained how to take Alarm out, so now sitting with Alarm on passenger seat!
Dav00

Post by Dav00 »

Thanks
EnyaqAndy wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:11 pm No, there is not. The alarm has an internal battery also so in event of 12v disconnect it goes off. Which is why it goes off when main 12v goes flat.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post