Is anyone's octopus energy app not scheduling any more

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Smackdown

Post by Smackdown »

I have been having the same problems since the 3rd, it has a mind of its own really to be honest

Archer17

Post by Archer17 »

I last charged overnight 2/3rd December with no problem on Octopus Intelligent. However, this afternoon I had an email from Octopus stating that they were having issues talking to my Skoda. Then it went onto say I needed to go into the Skoda app to accept Skodas new terms and conditions. Sure enough new t&c’s appeared which I opened the Skoda app.

The email from Octopus said once the new t&c’s had been accepted they would be able to get our smart charging back on line.

Any ideas about what is going on API or software tweak perhaps?

I’m not due a charge for a day or so , so won’t know if it’s made any difference to us.
Skoda Enyaq 80 Sportline collected 29/09/21. Quartz grey metallic, Pan roof, tow bar, 125 charging, Comfort seat, Drive Sport+, Climate pack+, Assisted Drive, Parking, Light and View and Convenience pack.
IanJ

Post by IanJ »

I’ve just had the same email and like you I’ve not had any charging problems recently.
I set up a charge this afternoon and the Octopus app is showing that it’s scheduled. We’ll see what happens later!
iV 80 Suite, Arctic Silver plus various packages. ME 3.1
Ordered late Oct 21 for delivery June 2022. Scheduled production now Week 29 (was previously late September). In transit 25 July 22. Delivered as ordered 17 August 22.
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

You need to open the mySkoda app and accept the new conditions.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
IanJ

Post by IanJ »

Ken3966 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:55 pm You need to open the mySkoda app and accept the new conditions.
It’s a bit difficult to do that when the MyŠkoda app doesn’t ask you to!
Nevertheless, a charge has been scheduled in the Octopus app, so all parties appear to be communicating with each other.
Ordered late Oct 21 for delivery June 2022. Scheduled production now Week 29 (was previously late September). In transit 25 July 22. Delivered as ordered 17 August 22.
IanJ

Post by IanJ »

Archer17 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:14 pm I last charged overnight 2/3rd December with no problem on Octopus Intelligent. However, this afternoon I had an email from Octopus stating that they were having issues talking to my Skoda. Then it went onto say I needed to go into the Skoda app to accept Skodas new terms and conditions. Sure enough new t&c’s appeared which I opened the Skoda app.

The email from Octopus said once the new t&c’s had been accepted they would be able to get our smart charging back on line.

Any ideas about what is going on API or software tweak perhaps?

I’m not due a charge for a day or so , so won’t know if it’s made any difference to us.
I’ve just seen a message on the Tronity app that earlier this afternoon there had been a problem with the Skoda servers and vehicle data could not be retrieved. I suppose that this could have triggered the Octopus emails.
Helijock

Post by Helijock »

I had the same, but as soon as the agree to the terms came up and clicked I was able to schedule a charge and access my app.
Ordered June 21. Race Blue, Suit, 19" Proteus wheels, 100kw charging, Heat Pump, Comfort seat plus, Climate package plus, Transport pack, Drive Sport basic, Assisted Drive basic, Parking basic. Then I ran out of money!
CrowSysE243

Post by CrowSysE243 »

I successfully charged overnight 30Nov/1Dec and 4/5Dec without problems. I then had the Octopus email on 5Dec, opened the app (still 6.2.2 , accepted the Ts&Cs and then had no problems. I have not worked out which, if any, of the terms and conditions have changed but see that Smartlink services are only guaranteed until September 2023!!
iV80 Loft, 19"Regulus, Energy Blue, Maxx Pack, Travel Pack, Heat pump. Order Jul22. BuildWk17-23. UK WE23/6. Available 30/6/23. Collected 3/7/23 Untethered PodPoint. Third Rock mode 2 charger with Tough Leads modular extension lead and adapters.
Deleted User 2312

Post by Deleted User 2312 »

I read something else on a different forum that there is an update to the app coming, that one enables user profiles in the app somehow, and second blocks, or highlights the block of a lot of unauthorised apps from connecting via Škoda connect, such as home assistant.

Definitely seems as though bigger updates are in the works to support ME4.

For example, recently the charging locations bit of my app only shows my locations in the app when the car was left on my user at switch off. As soon as switching to my wife’s account the app stops showing this entirely. I wonder if the user is not the main one, if Octopus can see the location or not.

This is all to do with GDPR from my understanding , ie I don’t have the rights to see me wife’s locations or hers mine. I wonder if previously on her user, and her plugging the car in at our home, and the notification popping up on my phone that charging slots are created (telling me indirectly she is home), complied with GDPR. Same as locations in apps such as EEVEE - is the car being tracked or the person in it?

Sounds unnecessary, but if it could be used in an abusive controlling way before, then I am all for the improvements and having to select a user in the car if it prevents this.

The addition of profiles in the app somehow, and changes with OI link etc could all link together with this.

Probably completely wrong on this!
Devizes2008

Post by Devizes2008 »

I also had that email about accepting the new terms and conditions and the first time I needed to charge the car it failed big time.
Not sure it was because of it but it certainly was an excellent coincidence.
When I plugged the car in it took forever for octopus to stop the charging. I ended up doing it manually on the car app. Around two hours later, well before 23:30 I checked again and the car had had almost been fully charged. What is going on octopus????
I stopped it manually on the car app again and next day I saw it had not charged it at all during the cheaper period. What a waste of time and money

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post