Software Updates

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

VW have now posted info for all ID owners on the update to 0910 (VW call it 2.3).
They will receive an email on their Skoda Connect registered email with information and instructions to reply to indicate they accept the update conditions and limitations while the update is being applied.

The update is in two parts which will be applied in a set sequence, it may take several weeks before their car receives the first update - they will be notified after download
https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/owners- ... e-2-3.html

Hopefully Skoda will be posting similar soon as the hardware (H20) is identical.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.

Perchede

Post by Perchede »

VW have issued the following press release. Hopefully Skoda and the other VW brands will follow shortly.

Volkswagen is taking the next big step towards becoming a software-oriented mobility provider with its ACCELERATE strategy. Effective immediately, all ID. models will receive regular software updates via mobile data transfer. The updates had previously only been available as part of a test phase for customers who had registered with the “ID. First Movers Club”. The “ID. Software 2.3” offers new functions and optimises existing ones. Networking the entire ID. fleet will allow Volkswagen to lay the foundation for new, customer-oriented business models. Thus far, Volkswagen remains the only high-volume manufacturer to provide this technology for its customers.
Small-31500-VolkswagenintroducesOver-the-AirUpdatesforallID.models.jpg
“Full availability of our Over-the-Air Updates underlines the innovative capacity of Volkswagen and forms the basis for a completely new, digital customer experience,” says Volkswagen CEO Ralf Brandstätter. “At the same time, we are laying the foundation for new digital business models and hitting a key milestone in our ACCELERATE strategy.”

Over-the-Air Updates as the basis for new business models and additional revenue
In future, the company plans to provide its customers with free software around every twelve weeks to keep the vehicles up to date and improve the customer experience. Volkswagen is also aiming to generate increased revenue during the usage phase with new, data-based business models – for services and functions that the customer can now order as required, whenever these are needed. For example, this could be Travel Assist or improved battery performance for long journeys, or even automated driving at a later point in time. Volkswagen sees the potential to generate hundreds of millions in additional revenue over the next few years.

Focus on the customer
The Over-the-Air Updates are being developed in close collaboration with CARIAD, the Volkswagen Group's software company. “The new updates are a central functionality of the digital, connected car. They will quickly become normal for our customers, in the same way as they have for their smartphones,” says Thomas Ulbrich, Member of the Board of Management for Technical Development. “Software development is iterative and fast. We work in short cycles, like a tech company, and provide updates to our customers at correspondingly short intervals.”

Volkswagen also wants to stay in touch with its customers after selling or leasing the car, to provide digital services. “Vehicles that always have the latest software on board can provide an excellent digital customer experience and are therefore of the utmost importance for our future success,” adds Ulbrich. “Thanks to regular updates, the car will not just remain up-to-date – it will become even better.”

Update optimises functions for security and comfort
Some of the new functions affect the ID. Light, a light strip at the bottom of the windscreen. It now gives the driver information that can provide intuitive support for energy-saving driving, and when driving with the automatic distance control system “Active Cruise Control” (ACC). Image processing has also been improved for the multifunction camera, allowing it to recognise motorcycles and other road users even more swiftly. The same applies when driving in the dark. If installed, dynamic main beam control allows even more precise headlight regulation. The graphics on the central infotainment display become calmer and clearer, with more intuitive operation – showing how Volkswagen reacts to feedback from the first ID. customers.

The digital customer experience is becoming a focal point for all development steps for products and services across the entire vehicle lifecycle. As part of the ACCELERATE strategy, Over-the-Air Updates lay the foundation for new business models and customer-centric product optimisation.

Original post: https://www.vwpress.co.uk/en-gb/releases/4612
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
Deleted User 368

Post by Deleted User 368 »

Interesting and not unexpected move, the most interesting part is the potential to “add” functionality at a cost. Suggests a lot of functionality is already hard wired and needs a simple software download to initiate. Interesting times.
MattDaviesUK

Post by MattDaviesUK »

Hopefully I will be able to take part in this one day...
Matt Davies
Skoda Enyaq iV 80 Sportline
All black, black as night.
Xtopher

Post by Xtopher »

So I've done a bit more digging and turns our VW Group has their own software arm that has been renamed to CARIAD. They were recently at IAA 2021 and have put a few videos on YouTube. Clearly stating they are developing a new car software platform (VW.OS) for all group cars to use going forward and a new cloud platform (VW.AC) to run it all through. MEB cars are the first iteration, maybe a pre-implementation of this full VW.OS. So clearly they are going for a one group solution for all. What I'm not sure about is if the ID/MEB cars will actually be supported on VW.OS when they roll it out fully, but it looks for sure that this is the precursor so they are testing it all with MEB, which should mean regular updates for all the MEB cars. Also explains why some features that were on previous VAG cars have been lost, because its all moved to this common platform and they've not developed it yet.
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Pre the VW 2.3 all of the MEB H20 hardware platform was on S/W 0792. The display hardware and software are quite different. So perhaps Skoda are busy making changes to support the hardware changes. I am looking forward to getting S/W 0910 and if any of you get your Enyaq delivered with it that will probably be the first sign it is about to drop. Please let us know. (looking in Settings (system from memory)

The following snip for the press release "or services and functions that the customer can now order as required, whenever these are needed. For example, this could be Travel Assist or improved battery performance for long journeys, or even automated driving at a later point in time. " has me mystified.
MikeJL

Post by MikeJL »

Perchede wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:22 pm ... The following snip for the press release "or services and functions that the customer can now order as required, whenever these are needed. For example, this could be Travel Assist or improved battery performance for long journeys, or even automated driving at a later point in time. " has me mystified.
Me too. Perhaps some small increase by tweaking battery temperatures or the regenerative braking algorithms, but I can't see it making a worthwhile difference.

Tesla did something similar in Florida to help customers flee a hurricane, but the cars had 75KW batteries, restricted to 60 KW. I'd be surprised to hear that Skoda have done something similar, and the IV80 weighs 135KG more than the IV60, so the IV60 doesn't have a set of IV80 batteries on board ready to be unleashed :-)
28/8/21 Ordered IV60 Lounge, Quartz Grey Metallic. Delivery quoted 6 months!
25/6/22 Collected car!
Software : ME3.0
Stripy

Post by Stripy »

Also with this update, some cars had got increased charging speeds, wonder if that’ll happen in the `skoda’s as well?
Here’s hoping 🤞
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

I have the impression that there is no difference between the 50 and 100 or 125. just a difference between the charges fitted to the IV60 & 80.
I think the upgrade will be via Skoda connect and chargeable. That's my guess based upon VW's revenue stream talk.
EppaTo

Post by EppaTo »

Has anyone gotten any update to their Enyaq yet?
I had mine at the workshop a couple of weeks back (so they could reboot the LTE modem....). they told me then, that there were no new software yet, and no indications of when...

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post