Enyaq + Hypervolt + Octopus problem

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Devizes2008

Post by Devizes2008 »

I have an Enyaq and the vehicle is compatible with Octopus their 'Intelligent Octopus Go' tariff which allows Octopus to create a charging schedule and do their thing to charge the car overnight. This has been working very well in the past. But more recently and it might just be coincidence, I received an email from Octopus asking me to go to the Skoda app to approve the new T&Cs otherwise they would not be able to 'talk' to the car. I did it hoping that this would satisfy their new requirements. That same evening when I plugged the car in around 18:00 the car was fully charged around 23:00 when I received a message from the car. This obviously shows there is a problem!
I contacted Octopus but unfortunately they don't have a clue what's going on..... the problem seems to keep existing.
More recently I plugged it back in around same time in the evening, to see that Octopus had created a charging schedule within seconds, but the charging kept going. After 30 minutes I had to stop it manually on the vehicle's app. I waited up to 23:30 to reenable the charging on the Skoda app. It didn't start charging. Next morning it was fully charged, which was reassuring, so the charging schedule worked.
Last night I tried it again and again the charging doesn't stop in spite the charging schedule being created.
Has anyone had similar experiences and how was it resolved (that being the case of course).
For now I can only rely on my charging pod (Hypervolt) and its charging schedule which won't allow the car being charged outside the low tariff hours. But of course this is a problem as I do have to override it when plugging in the car so that a charging schedule is created.

Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

When I received the message to approve the new T and Cs it sparked a saga! Eventually I reverted to plain old Octopus Go (fewer hours, slightly more expensive), reloaded all relevant apps (latest versions thereof), and made sure my registration details matched up.
Good luck.

Fossilnot
Archer17

Post by Archer17 »

I had the same email, logged in and updated the t &c’s at the beginning of December with no issues. We have a Zappi. However, when plugging in for the initial connection via the car to Octopus the initial charge has never stopped of its own volition. All I do now is give it a minute or so then stop the charge on the Skoda app or on the in car display.

The Octopus app usually comes up with that nights charging slots within the hour, usually quicker. Intelligent Octopus Go is a beta product so I don’t expect it to work seamlessly every time so I do keep an eye on it and manually intervene as stated. If the worst comes to the worst I can turn smart charging off in the Octopus app and plug in at 2330. I have never needed to do that though.

As for turning off the smart charging I did get an email from Octopus saying that they had lost contact with the car last week. I had turned off smart charging to trickle in some excess solar. When I told them why they were quite happy with that if it worked for me. I will make sure I comply with the t&c’s and do one smart charge a month once we get to springtime when I normally just use excess solar though.
Skoda Enyaq 80 Sportline collected 29/09/21. Quartz grey metallic, Pan roof, tow bar, 125 charging, Comfort seat, Drive Sport+, Climate pack+, Assisted Drive, Parking, Light and View and Convenience pack.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post