Footbrake Sound

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

I have searched the forum for this but without success…

When-sometimes-I apply the footbrake my VRs makes a single chirruping sound. The brakes work normally, regeneration appears fine, and there is no visual indication of a fault.

The sound appears to me (and passengers) to emanate from the front lower right of the cabin. It is most likely to happen upon initial application of the brake.

Any thoughts as to what it might be trying to tell me?

HNY

Fossilnot

RichR

Post by RichR »

Could it be a little bit of brake pad squeal as they contact the disc? ie as it slides on the surface contaminants that normally build up on brake discs. Once you've braked once, it's clean metal again and so quiet.

Just an idea, but I think it fits what you're describing. If so, then it's perfectly normal and nothing to worry about. You do tend to hear a whole load more noises from the brakes and suspension on an EV that you don't notice with the rumble and vibration of an engine :)
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

Good suggestion thanks but I am convinced that this is an electronically generated noise. The sound is very brief and is inside the cabin. It is irritating rather than worrying.

FN
Lorttrol

Post by Lorttrol »

I believe its down to a squeeky break pedal. Mine does the same thing, its not every time I break and sometimes when the car breaks itself it happens as the pedal moves. Its on my list to speak to them about when it goes in for a service next year.
Ordered 8th Jan 22 - 80, Energy Blue, Loft, Light and View +, Convenience +, Drive Pack +, Comfort seat basic, Climate Package basic, Drive Sport Basic and HUD. Delivery 41 weeks to the day!
Previous: Tarraco, 1st Edition Plus 2.0 TDI 7 speed DSG 4WD
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

Thank you. To me this does not sound as though it is mechanical in origin nor have I noticed it happening under auto braking.
Mrs FN states that, ‘We have never had that sound before in any car since 1967’.

FN

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post