Bidirectional charging screen

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
XAPBob

Post by XAPBob »

Spotted a couple of days ago with some limit on the amount of bidirectional charging it would allow.

I didn’t think the inverter was bidirectional though…

mrwobling

Post by mrwobling »

I also spotted this and am very curious if my car (early 2023 Enyaq 80 Loft) is capable of bidirectional - I would buy a suitable charger if it was possible.
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

I think this is a future option which has not yet been enabled.
If you look at the kW’s allowed it will not work for long before it is disabled to protect battery life?
Personally I would not do this as it may well reduce the life of the car significantly?
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
RichR

Post by RichR »

Yes - VW did say that the newer MEB platform cars would be capable of bidirectional, but it would be enabled at a later date once the standards and so on had been properly fixed. It's not unusual to find all kinds of hidden menu items on the Enyaq - sometimes they appear briefly then disappear. Back in the days of ME2.x there were loads of things that did that relating to features that were never implemented until later - such as self parking. The software was there at on pre-2022 cars, but the hardware wasn't present until after the supply chain issues started to settle down.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
XAPBob

Post by XAPBob »

Ken3966 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:09 am I think this is a future option which has not yet been enabled.
If you look at the kW’s allowed it will not work for long before it is disabled to protect battery life?
Personally I would not do this as it may well reduce the life of the car significantly?
4000 hours, or 10 MWh

That's quite alot, that's more than my entire annual home consumption last year (including the EV)

I'd only need to use it to help cover the deep winter load at home, since I get enough OI daytime hours to keep the home battery topped up most of the time.

The additional battery wear would be trivial - it's 125 cycles, at extremely low discharge rates over a period of several years.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post