Charge hatch not opening AGAIN

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

Fwiw I greased up the plunger a few months back and the sticking has gone away and it feels nice and smooth in use now.

These flap lock actuators are a problem across vag models, but if a bit of grease can increase the longevity it's a cheap tweak.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite

snalbansed

Post by snalbansed »

frankfurterbear1 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:27 am Just arrived back at Airport after ten days in Mallorca and low and behold my charging flap is stuck. Does this come under warranty, car is year and half old. Amazing the amount of people who when reading up on this has left their enyaq a period of time at airport to return to a frozen/broken latch.
That's not a great way to end your holiday :cry:

I don't remember anyone here though mentioning stuck charging flaps after returning to airport parking? Was that on other forums?

It does seem to be a design flaw - it's clearly happening too frequently.
Sportline, Artic Silver, parking+, infotainment+, convenience+, family basic, assisted drive+, climate+, towbar
Ordered 20th December 2021, mine 21st March 2023
Charger: Zappi
theriverside2

Post by theriverside2 »

Another failure here, was plugging in earlier ready for an early start and a 3 day business trip now out of the window 🤬 65000 miles in after 2 years of ownership and generally love the car but these electrical niggles with actuators are really starting to piss me off, have had two failures with the parking brake actuator in the last 6 months too, one of which resulted in 5 hours in the middle of nowhere awaiting recovery……VAG need to sharpen up with these issues if they’re to keep their customers
spinna1969

Post by spinna1969 »

Fellas,
I’ve got to ask. Is this fault electrical or mechanical?
World squirting a load of lubricant on the pin from the first day help?
Asking those of you who’ve had this issue.
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

I suspect its a bit of both. Seemingly the unit isnt very well sealed, water gets in and ruins the mechanism.

Its a common issue across many VAG models, but perhaps the EV's are more affected (at sooner intervals) because the door gets left open in the rain for hours.

I greased up the pin on mine, which helps repel water and also adds some lubrication. The door feels much smoother in use and hasnt done its "sticking" thing (where it latches half open/half closed) since. Not saying its a perfect fix nor will it be sure to remove any future issues, however for mine it has certainly improved things.

My biggest piece of advice would simply be if its stuck hit unlock on the fob a few times and see if it will free up before trying to force it.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
Helijock

Post by Helijock »

I had mine fail yesterday, called the local Skoda dealer who told me I had to go through the help line who would then arrange a loan car and pick mine up with no guarantee when it would be returned. I went to my local garage in the village who had the flap open in minutes and cut the end off. This allowed me to go use the car. After lunch I returned and had the part replaced with a total cost of around £50. It was worth paying to avoid the hassle dealing with Skoda even though the car is still under warranty. The mechanic said it was a common problem and all VW group cars use the same fitting so it is a stock item with the wholesalers.
Ordered June 21. Race Blue, Suit, 19" Proteus wheels, 100kw charging, Heat Pump, Comfort seat plus, Climate package plus, Transport pack, Drive Sport basic, Assisted Drive basic, Parking basic. Then I ran out of money!
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Mine was getting stuck - although not completely fortunately - but they changed it last November during its first service. They told me the solenoid was failing. I think I heard somewhere that it might happen if it’s been left closed for a period of time. Our Enyaq was indeed left for around 3 weeks during the summer unused and I might well have not opened that hatch for 4 weeks. I started having problems around the time I began using it again.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Dav00

Post by Dav00 »

I have just joined the party: flap stuck semi-closed due to a faulty component. Taken to the dealership and sorted by replacing the component. You have to break another one to get there, so effectively they replace two components. NO DYI work-arounds, and I think that if it happens while you are travelling, the only way to charge the car - if you really need to chargeit - is to break it.
I think it was all about mechanical components but not 100% sure.
Johnrc150

Post by Johnrc150 »

Mine wouldn't open today. Fortunately I was at home. Read all these posts and then tried again. Thought I couldn't hear the solenoid but it's noise might have drowned out by the rear door unlocking. Anyway after pushing the flap quite hard and locking/unlocking several times using the key fob it opened. I have sqirted a bit of WD40 onto the locking post but am not convinced that will achieve anything as the post was quite free before lubricating it; I suspect a problem with the solenoid (which unhelpfully is inaccessible).
Enyaq iV 60
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

mine has, touch wood, continued working and stopped sticking after applying lots of grease.

Its been over a year since its done the stuck-half-open thing.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post