Intelligent Octopus - help!

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
allan367

Post by allan367 »

New to home charging, set up Ohme home pro linked to IO. Ohme not linked to car API. Set charge schedule on Ohm app to add 40/% by 0530. Id plugged car in about 1745 and it wasn’t charging. Checked before bed about 2230 and wasn’t charging. Checked through the night and it was charging Got up this morning to 80% charge which the additional 40% I’d scheduled should have achieved - Great 👏
Checked my smart meter monitor and I was sitting at almost £12 electricity cost for around 40kwh at 0547 in the morning.

I’ve asked Octopus and they emailed back saying I must have been charging outwith the off peak period. Am I doing something wrong? Surely at 0547 in the morning almost everything used should be off peak?
Am I setting the Ohme schedule correctly?

General_Apathy

Post by General_Apathy »

Hi

I have the same setup as you. First thought is does your smart meter monitor know which tariff you are on? I doubt it's that sophisticated to account for IO. I don't think even the Octopus app shows £ values for IO just kWh. The way to know for sure is when you get your monthly statement from Octopus.

Did you get notification of your smart charge schedule in the Ohme app when you plugged in the car? If so then I doubt there's anything to worry about.

Also, if you don't already have it the Octo-Aid app is very helpful to see your peak/off-peak usage with costs in £, but it won't know if you get any 'extra' off-peak allowance outside of the core time
iV80 Suite with Clever pack, Transport and Sun Roof. Ordered Apr'23.
Dad

Post by Dad »

After you have plugged the car in, do you receive a notification stating the smart charging schedule has been set up and can you see the Smart Charging description at the top of your Ohme app dashboard as per below picture?

IMG_0784.png

IV60, quartz grey, suite trim, regulus smoke grey alloys, parking basic, climate basic, 100KW charging.

Octopus Referral code to receive £50 credit
Use this link https://share.octopus.energy/clean-dingo-514
Or referral code clean-dingo-514
Andy1832

Post by Andy1832 »

I’ve had endless problems since Motability changed my Easee charger to an Ohme pod last November, but think this was finally resolved yesterday after Ohme told me they had disconnected the ePod so that the charging was solely controlled by Intelligent Octopus Go.
I had been getting confusing messages, red lights on charging port, messages in the car telling me to use another charger or consult handbook! and Skoda app telling me car was not plugged in, also ePod was only charging at 1Kw! Last night the charge rate was showing as 6 or 7 Kw for the first time.
I tend to use the Skoda App to monitor the charging rate and % and see how quickly or not it has been achieving the max charge requested.
iV 80 Loft Energy Blue Pan Roof and Drive package basic
peters_enyaq

Post by peters_enyaq »

I had same problem or rather an issue with car charging outside of the nominated 23:30-05:30.
However as it was set by Octopus app then I got charged lower rate. Then later it charged outside of nominated period but not set by app and rate was higher one.
It is worth checking after you plug in that Octopus has set a schedule
Present: iv60 Suite Race Blue
On order: Coupe 85X Sportline Plus Race Blue
allan367

Post by allan367 »

Dad wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:18 pm After you have plugged the car in, do you receive a notification stating the smart charging schedule has been set up and can you see the Smart Charging description at the top of your Ohme app dashboard as per below picture?

IMG_0784.png
Yes I get that and the estimated cost at the end of charge on the Ohme app is far lower than my smart meter monitor 🤔
allan367

Post by allan367 »

General_Apathy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:04 pm Hi

I have the same setup as you. First thought is does your smart meter monitor know which tariff you are on? I doubt it's that sophisticated to account for IO. I don't think even the Octopus app shows £ values for IO just kWh. The way to know for sure is when you get your monthly statement from Octopus.

Did you get notification of your smart charge schedule in the Ohme app when you plugged in the car? If so then I doubt there's anything to worry about.

Also, if you don't already have it the Octo-Aid app is very helpful to see your peak/off-peak usage with costs in £, but it won't know if you get any 'extra' off-peak allowance outside of the core time
I do get the notification from Ihme and I am charging in the off peak hours. Maybe your right and the monitor isn’t that smart 🤔
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

The smart meter can’t work with OI! It just displays the cost assuming normal peak rate.
Get the excellent free Octo-aid app. Once it has your car and Octopus account details you will know to a penny what it has cost.

IMG_1007.png

Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
sads45

Post by sads45 »

It looks as if this app is only available for Apple. Is there any equivalent for android ?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post