Starting over the air updates

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
DaveS

Post by DaveS »

Hey gang,
Picked up my enyaq yesterday after a 3 month wait and it is incredible!
Pretty proud of getting 3.2kw/m already which seems ace and such a lovely car to drive.

However, when doing the handover we went through all the setup and it said there was a software update which we said later as not knowing how long it would take. I'm now not driving it for a while so a perfect time to do it - but I can't find how to do the update. I pressed all the buttons (well most) - found system settings and it said no system updates, but I think it's a software update which is different (?) . Anyone have any ideas?

Also, while I'm here, one of the blinds on the back windows is stuck in the gap - any ideas how to get it out? I've been hesitant to force it too much in case there is a trick!

Cheers!

IanEV

Post by IanEV »

Congrats on the new car. You should see notifications of updates at the top of the infotainment screen which if present you can drag downwards to read. In my experience it’s not unusual to get a message of an update while driving that you can’t locate again but it subsequently re appears after a few days.

No idea about the blinds I don’t have them
Ordered August 2021, collected 28/4
iV60 Loft, v3.0 software,
Velvet red, pano roof,
basic parking and convenience pack
100kw upgraded free of charge
Podpoint home charger
Meanmachine

Post by Meanmachine »

Hi Dave, can I ask what model you initially ordered? I'm awaiting mine still wondering what it's going to be converted to
DaveS

Post by DaveS »

Thanks! I'll keep an eye out on the top for it to reappear, hopefully at a better time!

I got an estate 80 but it was ex-showroom, so technically the 2nd owner, but has 80 miles on it. So can't help with new order conversions I'm afraid
peters_enyaq

Post by peters_enyaq »

It is as said, there is an icon with a zero if no notifications and then a number if any there.
You have to drag down from top of screen to display notifications.
Present: iv60 Suite Race Blue
On order: Coupe 85X Sportline Plus Race Blue
Dav00

Post by Dav00 »

SW: In theory, available updates should be listed under Settings> System Information.

Blinds: it happened a few times here because of the kids unhooking them from the top and dropping them. The mechanism does pull the blind so strongly that the blind sinks into the gap. To avoid it, you have to hold the hook/handle and let the blind gently reach its position. Once in the gap, it's a bit hard to get it back but if you can manage to move the hook so that it's aligned with the gap, you can pull it.
DaveS

Post by DaveS »

Thanks folks! Notifications shows 0 and nothing in system info - so who knows. Maybe it magically did it!

With the blinds, yeah it's unfortunate! Right so lots of wiggling and pulling - will give it a bash! Thanks!
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

I got an on screen notification (not prompted or searched for by me) informing me that an over the air update was available and would be installed when the car was online and parked at home.
Following that journey I searched for it and lo and behold the car was offline… I leave it permanently online.
Again with no prompting from myself the update commenced upon parking at home the following day-I followed on screen instructions to leave and lock the car.
On screen notifications stated that performance post update was likely to suffer initial impairment-if it did it was not noticeable to me. My android phone pairing with the car was adversely affected for 36 hours but then corrected itself, likewise the data display.
GOM mileage and real mileage seem to be more closely correlated post update.
Other than that I am unaware of any differences.

Fossilnot

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post