Int Oct Go and plain Oct Go versus Flexible Oct

The place to discuss everything else..
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

We have used Intelligent Octopus and/or Octopus Go for 99% of our charging requirements to date. The sub text/small print of our latest Octopus statement tells me that we could have saved approaching £500 over the last year had we been on the Flexible Octopus tariff. I am considering changing to Flexible Octopus. Anybody here already on this tariff and are there hidden drawbacks that I need to consider? Thanks.

Fossilnot

Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

Flexible Octopus is their standard really expensive crappy "price cap" tariff...

I find it very unlikely you'd be saving any money on that.

Theres an app called Octopus Compare which loads in your actual usage from the API and lets you compare various tariffs.

To give you an example for my own account, for the last month, IO cost me £213 and Flexible would have cost £374.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
RichR

Post by RichR »

We’re currently messing about with the comparability matrix to see if we can find an import and an export tariff that’ll work together to give us more off peak

In summer we have an excess from our solar, but in winter the heat pump empties the batteries of what was put in during off peak by lunchtime. Obviously it’s still way better than having no batteries and no heat pump (coal here, not gas) but we can probably do better.

But yes - it’s very much down to each household’s usage pattern and equipment.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.