Skoda restricting Octopus Access

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Zetland

Post by Zetland »

Got a response to a review on Google play store.

They've made customer satisfaction by limiting customer choice....

Screenshot_20240124-180624.png

CrowSysE243

Post by CrowSysE243 »

That looks as though they are just giving a standard reply without looking at what is actually happening. Octopus has given me a charging plan for tonight. It did not work 2 days ago, however at the same time the MySkoda app remote control and status reporting was not working either and did not recover until this morning. The MySkoda essentials app was working OK for me.
iV80 Loft, 19"Regulus, Energy Blue, Maxx Pack, Travel Pack, Heat pump. Order Jul22. BuildWk17-23. UK WE23/6. Available 30/6/23. Collected 3/7/23 Untethered PodPoint. Third Rock mode 2 charger with Tough Leads modular extension lead and adapters.
tonyw

Post by tonyw »

I successfully charged overnight last night using IO controlling via the car not the charger.
Ordered March 22. Delivered Jan 23, * IV80 Loft * Convenience Package Basic * Assisted Drive Package Plus * Climate Package Basic * Heat Pump * Rear Airbags * Energy Blue
orrery

Post by orrery »

IOG controls through the car, for me - an Enyaq. I've had so many expensive charges, that I now use the timed function on the charger, plus using IOG.
I plug in, I get a schedule from IOG, the charger turns on at 23.30 and the schedule runs, within the 6 hour slot.
I could extend the 6 hour timed slot, to allow for additional cheap charging slots beyond 5.30 but I don't feel the need.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.
legless

Post by legless »

My normal routine is to:

- Get out of driver's side of car
- Walk to back of car and plug the cable in
- Walk up the other side, open the passenger door
- Collect my bag from the passenger footwell and tap the 'Pause charging' button on the infotainment screen
- Lock car

It's not failed me yet. I normally get an IO schedule within 10 minutes, and if it takes longer I know it's not charging expensively in the meantime.
CrowSysE243

Post by CrowSysE243 »

I have only had problems if the charger or car have been left with incorrect settings from a previous charge but have not had any problems since adopting a similar routine.

-Unlock car.
-Open Driver's door
=Open charging hatch and plug in cable
-Wait for indicator to turn green - If it does not then check charger and car settings
-Reach in and pause charging on infotainment screen
Close door and lock car.

I normally get a charging schedule within 10 minutes. If I have not received one by bed time this has normally been due to a server problem (twice) so change car settings to charge within off peak hours.

This has always worked so far and the peak electricity used has always cost less than 1p (typically < 0.2p). The following charge profile shows the power consumption for 24-25 Jan where the car was plugged in at 18:45 and the charger consumed 0.27 kW.minutes before I paused the charge.

Car charging 20240124.jpg

iV80 Loft, 19"Regulus, Energy Blue, Maxx Pack, Travel Pack, Heat pump. Order Jul22. BuildWk17-23. UK WE23/6. Available 30/6/23. Collected 3/7/23 Untethered PodPoint. Third Rock mode 2 charger with Tough Leads modular extension lead and adapters.
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

legless wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:56 am My normal routine is to:

- Get out of driver's side of car
- Walk to back of car and plug the cable in
- Walk up the other side, open the passenger door
- Collect my bag from the passenger footwell and tap the 'Pause charging' button on the infotainment screen
- Lock car

It's not failed me yet. I normally get an IO schedule within 10 minutes, and if it takes longer I know it's not charging expensively in the meantime.
This is what I have recommended in many posts on different forums for some time. It avoids any period of peak charging until OI notices car is plugged in and sets a schedule. It also avoids any extensive peak charging when the system is down and no schedule is set at all.
Just check your phone app later in evening to ensure it has set a schedule. If not a quick trip to car to turn on preferred charging at home location which I have set to off peak time and you can get a max of 6 hours off peak charge.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
Decide

Post by Decide »

Deleted User 2590

Post by Deleted User 2590 »

It’s all because of UN legislation that comes into force later this year.

https://unece.org/sustainable-developme ... -mass-roll

It staggers me that people get angry at Jaguar for this, when OI is nothing to do with Jaguar. Octopus integrate with a third party provider - this third party provider does not have specific access to Jaguar APIs as such. People should be angry they switch to Octopus because of OI and then it’s no longer supported.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post