wifi won't turn on

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
monkeyalien953

Post by monkeyalien953 »

I recently received a brand new Enyaq iV 80 and had the problems outlined above when trying to link my iPhone via CarPlay, with the message saying I needed to enable WiFi, but the slider just kept bouncing back to disabled when I clicked it to enable. I solved this by connecting my phone via a cable, enabling CarPlay, then once it was set up I was then able to use the phone wirelessly without any further setup. It seems CarPlay (and possibly also Android auto) don’t work properly if you try to do the first connection on WiFi but using a cable for first connection sorts everything out.

Voytek

Post by Voytek »

Hi all, I have a similar problem. I have installed a dash cam but I cannot pair it to my android phone. Currently the phone is paired to the car. I can unpair the phone to the car but when I try to pair the dash cam it automatically picks up the car.
Any ideas please
Martin999

Post by Martin999 »

monkeyalien953 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:51 pm I recently received a brand new Enyaq iV 80 and had the problems outlined above when trying to link my iPhone via CarPlay, with the message saying I needed to enable WiFi, but the slider just kept bouncing back to disabled when I clicked it to enable. I solved this by connecting my phone via a cable, enabling CarPlay, then once it was set up I was then able to use the phone wirelessly without any further setup. It seems CarPlay (and possibly also Android auto) don’t work properly if you try to do the first connection on WiFi but using a cable for first connection sorts everything out.
Hi, unfortunately this didn't work in my car. I drove all day with my phone connected and CarPlay via cable turned on. Slider behaving the same all time.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post