Electric Drive is not working correctly

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Andy Enyaq

Post by Andy Enyaq »

Aragorn wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:40 am They will only change the one faulty module.

The story goes that its a manufacturing defect, affecting some small proportion of cells manufactured in a specific time period, if the fault was going to show up, it would have done by now. Bear in mind the car has 108 cells, and only one of them is typically faulty. They replace the module containing that one bad cell and the pack is returned to full health. At least thats the theory.
Cheers Aragorn, fair one! 👍
Racing Blue Metallic iV60 Loft
Parking Package Basic, Climate Package Basic,100 Kw Dc Charging, Cmft St Pck Bsc M+ Pfa/Pfb/Pfc+psb/Psa, Heat Pump, Drive Package Basic,Astd Drv Pkg Bsc M+pfa/Pfb/Pfc,Transport Package

Eastoal

Post by Eastoal »

Hi all, Further to my post on 29/1.
That's my Enyaq 60 '71 ecosuite finally taken to the battery centre as of y'day for the drive fault.
Things not looking good though as my dealer charged my car to 100%.( I got the notifications via the App). They were considering driving it the 50 miles to the centre. Battery charged to 100%.....range 20 miles!!.
Car taken by transporter. I await an update.
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

I got mine back a week ago, so far so good, no further issues, touch wood etc :P
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
Eastoal

Post by Eastoal »

Aragorn wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:58 am I got mine back a week ago, so far so good, no further issues, touch wood etc :P
Fingers crossed for you Aragon... 😀
Darcy-Actual

Post by Darcy-Actual »

Darcy-Actual wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:06 pm
DaxEnyaq80 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:38 pm My car had the Electric Drive Amber warning. I took into Skoda as needed some warranty work for the puddle light splodge (another issue) and they have said it is a battery module that needs to be replacing. Has to go to Leeds for fixing and can't be seen until March so will be without it for about 6-8 weeks at best. Replacement car is being sorted so will see what I get.

MIne is a 21 plate Enyaq 80 with 37000 miles on it. No performance issues or range issues since the warning but garage said that driving it could cause more damage. The garage did say that they have one in for something similar and has been three months so fingers crossed.
If that's DM Keith in Leeds then that was almost certainly my Enyaq.

Like most everyone else here I got the ping-O-doom back in early November '23. Got it taken to the nearest Skoda dealer to investigate. They had to replace a part - I suspect a battery module based on people's experiences and comments on here but then didn't have the right glue to seal it up again.

They got the glue in, but they didn't have the right bolts. On back order from Ukraine apparently.

I finally got the car back about 2 weeks ago.

It was fine.

For 6 days.

And then PING, Electric drive not working... well you know the rest.

They took it back again, Skoda advised they needed to apply a software update which involved discharging the battery. They duely did so and I picked it up again about this time last week. The car was at 52% charge but wasn't going PING so I took it home.

Plugged it in to charge to 80%.

Next morning, guess what?

PING!

I've picked up an OBD11 Whatsit, and can see error messages, among other things, for:

Onboard supply control unit
High voltage battery charger

I'm currently logging when the error happens to see if there's any pattern. So far no, PING every time I turn on the car. Based on someone's comment here, I'm tempted to charge to 100% and see if that helps.
Having had the Ping-O-doom consistently for several weeks I finally bit the bullet and have booked to get the car back in to the garage again.

Naturally the very next time I changed the car the ping has stopped.

I haven't cancelled the booking yet. Working on the principle that if I cancel now the ping will return before the cancelled date and I'll then have to rebook for a later date.

Will be interesting to see if the error returns...
71 plate Enyaq 80 suite
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

haha, mine pinged for 2 months and the day before it was due to go in, it went away...

However thankfully it was back the next morning and the dealer had no issue finding the fault.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
bollyboy

Post by bollyboy »

Morning folks, sadly in the same camp as many others.
Picked up new 85x just over a week ago, had the 12v, and electric drive errors day after collection, car would not engage into gear.

Left for few hours and errors went and car drove again, 6 days later same messages and would not engage gear again, phoned assist and he was having trouble connecting to car
with diagnosis machine and then removed 12v to reconnect after some time and now have around 14 errors including original ones and Steering error, damper, assist, stability, pretty much everything.

Awaiting recovery on Tuesday which should be fun as we live down narrow drive which a truck will struggle with.

IMG_4870.JPG

IMG_4869.JPG

ricky10

Post by ricky10 »

Once you disconnect 12V the car goes into reset and every yellow warning will light up and the car will say everything is limited or there is warning. That’s pretty much normal. ICE car when disconnected from 12V will do the exact same things.

That’s just how car’s CPUs work.

Once the car goes through a power cycle ie you switch it off and leave it for some time then come back you will find every warning light is gone. If anything persist you may have an ongoing issue.
bollyboy

Post by bollyboy »

ricky10 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:44 pm Once you disconnect 12V the car goes into reset and every yellow warning will light up and the car will say everything is limited or there is warning. That’s pretty much normal. ICE car when disconnected from 12V will do the exact same things.

That’s just how car’s CPUs work.

Once the car goes through a power cycle ie you switch it off and leave it for some time then come back you will find every warning light is gone. If anything persist you may have an ongoing issue.
Sadly been stuck on for 2 days, 2 red warning (12v and Electric motor) 12 yellow warnings of various sorts. Skoda assist guy albeit pleasant as he was didn't have a clue what to
do to be honest.
Couldn't find the 85x although I'm sure roughly same as 80x wasn't showing on diagnosis machine, really hope a quick fix by someone in the know as we replaced a troublesome Ioniq 5 with the Enyaq.
Feel I've gone from frying pan into the fire.....lol

Didn't help with bank holiday as hardly any hire cars were available so I've been lumbered with a 5 year old Nissan what smells of wet dogs and a Wetherspoons ashtray.
The missus is taking the pi$$ as she's a little anti EV also, any more jokes and she'll be going in some concrete footings :)
fatman

Post by fatman »

well hope this 85x works for you ......i am now thinking shoud i take this car or go for some thing like worry free ionic 5 ar kona ev.
Ordered 8/01/24
Skoda Enyaq 85x Sportline Plus 4x4+Heat Pump Race blue
just now ID3 max

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post