what do i need to know - enyaq about to arrive!

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
benben

Post by benben »

hi all.
i get my enyaq 85x sportline plus early next month with all the additions - heat pump, sunroof, 360 cameras etc etc.
what do i need to know - what should i ask at the dealers when they show me around it?
do i NEED gap insurance / what apps should I have?
Im based in Brighton, UK.
thanks!

orrery

Post by orrery »

Don't buy GAP insurance from a dealer. Plenty of on-line placed to buy it much much cheaper.

The FCA is currently preventing underwriting of any new GAP schemes because of outrageous profiteering, pending an enquiry.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

My insurance company (LV) covers replacement in the first year should your new Enyaq be unfortunate enough to be written off, so not sure there is any need for GAP insurance in year 1? Obviously insurance policies vary so would need to check with your insurers. I would also recommend tyre insurance having had to have 2 tyres replace in under 10k. Also wheel insurance if yours has expensive 20” or 21” alloys which are prone to kerb damage.

Shop around and imo don’t buy any insurances, paint protection etc. from your dealer, there are cheaper alternatives around.

From experience I would ask your Dealer to set up your Skoda App and ensure it is linked to your Enyaq. Make a note of the 4 digit passcode as you may need it in the future. If you don’t have experience of EVs get the dealer to actually demonstrate the charging process (assuming the car is not already at 100%).
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.
benben

Post by benben »

what situations are GAP insurance useful for?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post