Seatbelt tensioner

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
TopCat

Post by TopCat »

Hi is there a way to stop the seatbelt grabbing when first setting off?

orrery

Post by orrery »

I don't have that problem - have you discussed it with the dealer?
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Also no issues here in over two years of Enyaq ownership - I can lean forward and the seatbelt unreels as expected. It only locks if I move quickly. Might need to check with other people with more recent models though in case it's a change in behaviour since the 80s.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Deleted User 2590

Post by Deleted User 2590 »

This is a new feature for 24MY.

My 2022 60 didn’t do this.

My 85 edition does this for both front seats. It’s an active pretensioner and I think part of the crew protect assist or whatever.

When getting to about 15mph the first time it ‘pulls’ the seatbelt from the top in a bit. This then knows how tight it should pull it in the event of an accident without over or under doing it.

It’s been on some cars for years but is now on the Enyaq it seems.

Same as the speed limit warning that beeps if you speed and defaults to on - new and in the name of safety / legislation

Edit to add that it’s not uncomfortable at all and is only an issue if you are trying to sit forwards for some reason when it does it. It then lightly pulls you back into the seat.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Thanks EnyaqAndy - so that does imply that it's a new feature for the 85s (ME4.x I guess?).
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Deleted User 2590

Post by Deleted User 2590 »

I think it’s new for MY24 but is not a software thing. I think it’s a legislation thing and the part itself is likely different.

I believe certain markets mandate them, others don’t and are optional.

This is from the polestar website as it’s a good description, same system…

Electric seat belt tensioners*
The driver's and front passenger's seat belts are equipped with electric seat belt tensioners.
The seat belt tensioners interact and can be activated in conjunction with the assistance during collision risk and Rear Collision Warning* driver support systems. In critical situations, such as if the vehicle brakes suddenly, begins to skid or runs off the road (e.g if the vehicle rolls into a ditch, lifts off the ground or hits an obstacle in the road), or if there is a risk of collision, the seat belts can be pulled taut by the seat belt tensioner's electric motor.
The electric seat belt tensioner helps to position the occupant more effectively in the seat, which reduces the risk of the occupant striking the interior of the passenger compartment and improves the effect of other safety systems such as the airbags.
When a critical situation has passed, the seat belt and the electric seat belt tensioner are reset automatically. However, they can also be reset manually.
Woodhead

Post by Woodhead »

It’s a little tug when you first start moving each time - I jumped the first time I drove away. You can’t turn it off.

Only once was it discomforting and that’s when the belt was up against my neck - otherwise if it’s in the normal position over your shoulder it’s nothing more than a light tap.
Ordered 11/11/2023
Enyaq 85 Edition - Loft - Advanced package - Racing Blue
Estimated production Feb 24, delivery late Mar 24
Confirmed build week 08 …. Delivery on track…
At dealership - Collection 23rd March
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

In older Enyaqs the tensioner is there but only activates if;
- it detects a collision (I was hit to the rear and it pulled out seatbelts tight a second before the collision)
- you ignore messages about holding the steering wheel when ACC is activated it goes through a sequence of beeps, flashing message and then 2 sharp brakes then pulls seatbelt tight before then sounding the horn, stopping the car and flashing the hazards.