Dreaded 12V battery Issue and Charger Won't disconnect

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

ricky10 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:05 am A bit of update. The car didn’t take any charge last night. So it seems something is very wrong
This is not good :( have you tried a public DC too ?

ricky10

Post by ricky10 »

Not yet. I tried again to charge via 3pin charger by switching the reduced ac on and off several time and it took charge.

Public dc charger would be my last resort if the ax charger is definitively broken.

My wall box isn’t due for installation till 30th March… :(

Had British Gas on order to install but they messed me about for a while then the engineer never turned up on the day. Horrendous experience so had to repurchase and now going with Ohme and hear that’s decent.
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

ricky10 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:05 pm Not yet. I tried again to charge via 3pin charger by switching the reduced ac on and off several time and it took charge.

Public dc charger would be my last resort if the ax charger is definitively broken.

My wall box isn’t due for installation till 30th March… :(

Had British Gas on order to install but they messed me about for a while then the engineer never turned up on the day. Horrendous experience so had to repurchase and now going with Ohme and hear that’s decent.
Dc charge was just for verification that it’s AC charge issue only . Don’t speak to me about British Gas ! 8 months 209 calls probably same online chats to replace a surge damaged smart meter communication hub and all along couldn’t switch supplier as no one could see current supplier and connection information!! Absolute shambles
yebaws

Post by yebaws »

@ricky10 Interested to hear any updates on this. Hopefully resolve as it's an old thread.

Just had the exact same issues that you described with my 2022 Enyaq. Was thinking that it might be the new tow bar fitted or Octopus Intelligent Go connecting to the car, but I take it you had none of these in common.

It's a new (second hand) purchase so I's like to get to the bottom of it and take the issue up with the dealer if I need to
ricky10

Post by ricky10 »

I had this 12V battery issue 3 times. Each time I had to disconnect 12V and wait a while then connect the car up. It all happened fairly early days.

Not had this repeating issue since. DC charging wasn’t affected. Only had one time where the car didn’t charge up via granny and not entirely sure why as it worked the night after.

Had no issues with wall box charger so far.
bollyboy

Post by bollyboy »

ricky10 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:20 am I had this 12V battery issue 3 times. Each time I had to disconnect 12V and wait a while then connect the car up. It all happened fairly early days.

Not had this repeating issue since. DC charging wasn’t affected. Only had one time where the car didn’t charge up via granny and not entirely sure why as it worked the night after.

Had no issues with wall box charger so far.
Been having the same issue, when disconnecting and reconnecting the 12v did it comes up with any error codes as I've read a few posts elsewhere suggesting it can cause more problems.
thanks

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post