Ridiculous waiting times

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Luisk73

Post by Luisk73 »

Hi there,
It's just me thinking those waiting times are ridiculous?
I am a company drivers and I have to change my car in March'22. Considering seriously to get the Enyaq for evident reasons but I have to say that even starting with the process right now, it looks like I would not get my car before June'22

I can manage this time but for a private use is not reasonable so I think Skoda is failing much more in expectations than chips shortage. After boosting orders during first weeks/months after releasing I think they will have a dramatic down and/or cancellations because is not acceptable as consumer to wait so long for such product that depreciate so quickly. it is a non sense from my point of view. You cannot permit as company to keep receiving orders that you cannot even give an accurate deliver time to your custormer. Even worse, after purchasing, you contact to your costumer to let him know that car ordered is not matching espec requested.

Personally I would prefer to go an alternative with a better waiting time list and later will try with this car or maybe other released in the future.

Skoda is failing massively, in addition to the chip shortage.
Enyaq 60 loft. Company car. basic model, No options added. Ordered week 48. Estimated production week 33. Delivered 21st September. £50 in Octopus with the referral below
https://share.octopus.energy/blond-zebra-242

Beninscotland

Post by Beninscotland »

Hi

Just my thoughts on this. I had done a bunch of research prior to ordering my Enyaq so I was aware of the parts shortage. Also with covid, the Suez blockage a few months ago and, arguably, Brexit, I was fully anticipating a long lead time from ordering (end of July 2021) to exepected delivery (December 2021), and the supply chain issues we've seen (in the UK)

The Skoda dealership i went to (West End Garage Skoda Edinburgh) were fully up front about this and I appreciated their openess and honesty.

However, I can fully understand that other people have different experiences. If you go into a dealership wanting to buy new with all the add ons exactly as you want and you want it within a couple of weeks, maybe this was do-able pre-2020, but I guess not these days, not for an EV anyway. Similarly, if your experience at the dealership was they brushed over the likely lead times to get the sale, then yeah that would definitely change the experience and would make me feel like I'd been hood-winked.

I do agree, and have commented on other threads, that the removal of add-ons WITHOUT the money for that add-on being refunded is wholly unacceptable in my mind. That does not seem right and is, crucially, within Skoda's sphere of influence (unlike the supply chain issues outlined above) and something I seriously hope they reconsider.
Sportline
Ordered: 28/07/2021
Start Build: 13/09/2021
Status update "awaiting parts": 02/11/2021
Left factory: 14/01/2022
Departed Emden: 19/01/2022
Skoda email "Your life Electric is about to begin": 20/01/2022
Collection: 30/01/022
Westy

Post by Westy »

Other EV’s are available, part of the buying/leasing of cars currently is finding ones that are going to deliver in the timeframe you need. The bad news about shortages will be it’ll probably drive lease prices up. Ive heard from colleagues that the Enyaq 80 is off our lease list currently, I suspect due to availability (built so is ID4 with same battery).

If you haven’t ordered one yet, go and check out some of the others - particularly if you are not in the UK as there seems to be more options.

Ultimately, the number of larger EV’s on the market has gone up - which is great - it’ll be interesting to hear what the delays/supply issues are like from other makes of EV.
Enyaq 80 Loft
Quartz Grey
Climate Pack, Assisted Drive, 125Kw

Replacing a Passat GTE Estate
Westy

Post by Westy »

Just as an aside, I remember my dad ordering the first BMW 3 series compact when I was kid, had a 12 month waiting list! For a basic 316 hatch!
Enyaq 80 Loft
Quartz Grey

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Hi there,

When I heard yesterday that Traffic Jam Assist has been removed from the Enyaq they’re about to ship to me, I was about to cancel. This morning I got hold of our latest company car list and there are loads more EV’s which have been added since I had to make my choice in May.

Now I can choose: Ioniq 5, Merc EQA, Audi Q4 E-Tron, Polestar 2, Tesla 3 as well as an Enyaq Sportline…

Big choice - but to be honest having looked up their specs (during a slightly extended lunch hour 🤣), the Enyaq I’m likely to receive in the next 2 weeks, as per my signature below, is still coming out on top. It has the range, size, assisted drive specs and family-oriented comfort which I need. All these other cars I can now choose, fall down in some respect, especially as they are all generally the base models. Even the Sportline which I thought could be a ‘no brainer’ alternative, lacks the assisted drive and rear heated seats which we’d like - and there’s no upgrade money left within my grade.

Therefore the Enyaq that’s on the way to me, does appear to tick more boxes than any of those incredible alternatives I could now have.

And that brings me on to my point - I think the reason that Enyaq’s are on such long lead times, is because they are indeed the obvious choice, possibly for so many people getting an EV for the first time. I reckon they are getting so many orders for Enyaq’s, they just can’t make them quick enough and you can’t really make a car production line operate any quicker!!
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Westy

Post by Westy »

Fair shout, also ID 4 looks odd!
Enyaq 80 Loft
Quartz Grey

RichR

Post by RichR »

As stated elsewhere - Skoda have orders for over 70,000 Enyaqs. They’ve been on sale for less than a year (just over 6 months in UK). Even in pre-COVID, pre-Taiwan/Malaysia drought/flood times at maximum production of 350 cars a day it’ll still take months to keep up with demand.
Waiting times for other new EVs are also months long. A lot of diesels aren’t being made at all. If you don’t want to wait then fine, that’s your choice. But there are plenty of us aware of the global situation and are sure it’s still worth waiting for.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Luisk73

Post by Luisk73 »

I understand all your comments but my message is a call to Skoda for a lack of honesty when customers are making orders but don't receive back an honest ETA. This is unacceptable in my point of view. I know this is the best value for money option for an EV but everything is not valid and in short will be others options in the market as Good I hope. I can wait for that in the meantime but Skoda should be honest with customers or they will loose future selling and customers, just like me.
In a competitive market, customer service is the mvp.
Enyaq 60 loft. Company car. basic model, No options added. Ordered week 48. Estimated production week 33. Delivered 21st September. £50 in Octopus with the referral below
https://share.octopus.energy/blond-zebra-242
Stripy

Post by Stripy »

Annoying as it is, its maybe a tad unfair given the circumstances that every manufacturer of anything containing steel and electronics - news have been filled with shortages of semiconductors for quite some time, due to staffing-, covid closures, restrictions and lockdown in the eastern part of the world.
As that remains unpredictable, and Skoda at the same time have hit the jackpot with a successful EV causing a huge spike in orders - it is the perfect storm for anyone buying or selling.
I'm annoyed myself, and everyday I hope for more news - but I also recognise the facts above.

Would you be happy if they contacted you and told you "we haven't got a clue as it is all unpredictable at the moment"?
Hopefully, that is what the dealer should be telling you, however it is car sales people..... ;)

Cheer up and look forward to the new adventure of EV's 👍
Beninscotland

Post by Beninscotland »

Stripy wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:06 pm "we haven't got a clue as it is all unpredictable at the moment"?
That's what my dealership told me. As per my post above, I totally appreciated their frankness. 👍
Sportline
Ordered: 28/07/2021
Start Build: 13/09/2021
Status update "awaiting parts": 02/11/2021
Left factory: 14/01/2022
Departed Emden: 19/01/2022
Skoda email "Your life Electric is about to begin": 20/01/2022
Collection: 30/01/022

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post