Infotainment System will not switch on

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
UnhappyCustomer

Post by UnhappyCustomer »

Received my Enyaq iv 80 a few weeks ago. The infotainment system worked day one. Day two it showed signs of glitching and the powered itself off. It will not power on even with the reset (hold on power button 30-60 seconds) Took it into my local dealer who accepted it was a warranty issue. After two days with them they asked my to pick it up in the same state. They do not have components to swap out and no timeline to fix it. I've asked it to be escalated and no one is getting back to me. I have no change of heating, navigation, telephone or ability to change any settings. The car is lovely to drive but Skoda are very disappointing regarding finding a solution or even communicating a way forward to fix this. This is a month old now and on-going

Xtopher

Post by Xtopher »

Wow that's horrible. At any other time or car I would say you should tell them you are rejecting it but with the current state of cars (or lack thereof!), I can see them accepting it, leaving it to be fixed and then selling it on for no loss, so its not really a stick to hit them with.

Have you tried contacting Skoda UK direct and failing that Skoda HQ? We can all appreciate this is a new car and spares wont exactly be easily forthcoming, after all they will want to use any parts to build cars, but for something so fundamental I would expect them to be couriering the part from the factory if all else fails, to get it to you and get your car working. The infotainment screen is now a fundamental and vital piece of the car, its not like it just does the radio!
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

I would also argue that not being able to change the heater settings is potentially dangerous, especially with colder temperatures and the need to keep your windows free from condensation.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
james_scott22

Post by james_scott22 »

That will definitely be a safety issue once we start getting frosty mornings...
Enyaq 60 suite arctic silver
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

That’s how I managed to get a very ‘faulty’ new-shape Vectra replaced nearly 20 years ago. It had lots of electrical issues which led to mechanical issues as well. Vauxhall Luton had it twice and couldn’t resolve it ( lights switching off randomly, power assisted steering intermittently switching off at roundabouts, and other issues). I’d just become a father for the first time back then and when I said it’s a dangerous car to put my newborn into, it was very quickly swapped for another brand new one. It was a company car and we had hundreds of Vauxhall’s at that time so I think we had a bit of muscle to flex with them in those days.

The point I’m making is - say (if you want to) in writing that it’s not a safe car to drive. That might get some action. Corporates don’t like these things on file.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
UnhappyCustomer

Post by UnhappyCustomer »

Thank you for the responses, mine is a company car as well. With this forum and our fleet company putting pressure on Skoda it looks like they will issue a replacement Enyaq until mine is investigated and resolved.
Xtopher

Post by Xtopher »

UnhappyCustomer wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:00 pm Thank you for the responses, mine is a company car as well. With this forum and our fleet company putting pressure on Skoda it looks like they will issue a replacement Enyaq until mine is investigated and resolved.
I was going to suggest they should give you some kind of replacement and I'd be pushing of their Enyaq demonstrator. They probably should pull all the demonstrators anyway, they clearly cant make enough cars as it is, let alone try to get more orders! :D
RichR

Post by RichR »

A lot of the demonstrators and showroom models have indeed been sold off now from what I've heard. Some dealerships with more than one location are keeping one in each showroom and one shared between locations as a demonstrator rather than having multiple at each location.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post