Charging help needed

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
plasticman

Post by plasticman »

Hi all,
Right, I've had the my Enyaq 80 for a week now and so decided to try a charge last night. I have a 7kw Pod Point unit on my garage. I managed to find my way into the charging section on the infotainment screen. I have cheap night rate electricity so I set the charge times to correspond and it appears that I got it right.
The car did indeed charge for the set time. Unfortunately it only charged at 3 Kw so I only got half what I expected. Now before I go moaning to Pod Point about it not working properly I have a question.
On the screen where I set the charging times, there are a couple of lines saying 'Minimum state of charge up to 50%' and below that 'Target state of charge up to 100%' They were both set really low.
What does that mean and does have any bearing on last nights charge?
All replies gratefully received.
Thanks,
Mike.
Enyaq 80. Eco suite, arctic ice, panoramic sunroof, 125kw charge, climate plus.

jamest

Post by jamest »

From what I've seen on the other thread your best bet is to get rid of all the charging configuration in the car, and then use the pod point's own scheduling to schedule the charge.
Ordered 17th March 2021, delivered 17th November 2021. Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Moon White Metallic, 100kW, Comfort Seat Package Basic, Family Package Basic, Convenience Package Plus, Drive Sport Package Basic, Assisted Drive Package Plus, Parking Package Plus.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

It might be worth calling PodPoint to ask if your system has been restricted to 3kW maximum; mine was due to me only having a 60A main house fuse. When I had it replaced to a 100A fuse, PodPoint then remotely removed the restriction, so I can now get 7kW (apparently. I don’t get the car until next week).

I was told about this during the install.

It might also be some intelligent sensing in the PodPoint charger - I think it might be able to reduce the charging rate, if it senses too much power load being drawn elsewhere (perhaps you’re also using other high energy equipment during off peak hours?)
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
mcfc9891

Post by mcfc9891 »

Set the car to charge to 80%, unless you need 100%.....Use the PodPoint App to set charge time to coincide with your cheap tariff, I am guessing 0030hrs-0430hrs (Octopus Energy)....had ours 3 weeks now, been doing this with no issues. Although the other replies our feasible answers if this does not work
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

The Enyaq min state of charge, which I have set to 20% is the level that below immediate charge will be active (whatever other settings say) the upper level is the level that the Enyaq will stop pulling power (recommended 80%). The upper setting works, don't know about the lower.

The other deferred charging settings don't function correctly, at least on 7kw changers.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
tomm636

Post by tomm636 »

I have been having exactly the same issue with my Ohme Charger, I have the car set to 80% max, no other locations or schedules set. The Ohme charger is set to charge 0030-0430, however at least 50% of the time it charges at 3kw. Ohme have investigated and insist the charger is offering the car 7kw but the car is not accepting it.

The only way to get it to go to 7kw is to pause/restart the charger, unfortunately this means getting up at 0030 every night to check. I am trying to schedule a pause/restart in the ohme app 5 mins after charging starts but haven't found a way yet as it it too "Smart".

Hoping this is a software fix on the enyaq soon as its getting frustrating for me getting up at 0030 or face waking up to half the expected charge.
Enyaq iV 80 Suite, Quartz Grey, 125 kW DC charging, 20" Vega wheels, Assisted drive pack, Heat pump, Climate pack, Convenience pack, Drive sport pack, Electric Towbar, Family pack plus, Infotainment pack plus, Built Sep 2021
Rudesing

Post by Rudesing »

tomm636 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:26 am I have been having exactly the same issue with my Ohme Charger, I have the car set to 80% max, no other locations or schedules set. The Ohme charger is set to charge 0030-0430, however at least 50% of the time it charges at 3kw. Ohme have investigated and insist the charger is offering the car 7kw but the car is not accepting it.

The only way to get it to go to 7kw is to pause/restart the charger, unfortunately this means getting up at 0030 every night to check. I am trying to schedule a pause/restart in the ohme app 5 mins after charging starts but haven't found a way yet as it it too "Smart".

Hoping this is a software fix on the enyaq soon as its getting frustrating for me getting up at 0030 or face waking up to half the expected charge.
That is strange. I have an old 7kW ChargeMaster charger, but use it with an OHME cable set to charge between 0030 and 0430. Whenever I look at the OHME app, it appears to be delivering 6.8kWh to the car, and looking at the range added in that 4 hour period overnight then it seems as if the car is receiving pretty much the full 7kWh throughout. My car does recognise a Home location, but I have no charging schedule set on the car, and I don't have Reduced AC charging set.
tomm636

Post by tomm636 »

Rudesing wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:34 am
tomm636 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:26 am I have been having exactly the same issue with my Ohme Charger, I have the car set to 80% max, no other locations or schedules set. The Ohme charger is set to charge 0030-0430, however at least 50% of the time it charges at 3kw. Ohme have investigated and insist the charger is offering the car 7kw but the car is not accepting it.

That is strange. I have an old 7kW ChargeMaster charger, but use it with an OHME cable set to charge between 0030 and 0430. Whenever I look at the OHME app, it appears to be delivering 6.8kWh to the car, and looking at the range added in that 4 hour period overnight then it seems as if the car is receiving pretty much the full 7kWh throughout. My car does recognise a Home location, but I have no charging schedule set on the car, and I don't have Reduced AC charging set.
Do you know what software version your car is at? I never noticed this issue when we initially got the car but its seems to be becoming very frequent. However we did have the software reloaded about 2 weeks after delivery by the dealer to fix another issue, I am starting to wonder if this induced the charging issue.
Enyaq iV 80 Suite, Quartz Grey, 125 kW DC charging, 20" Vega wheels, Assisted drive pack, Heat pump, Climate pack, Convenience pack, Drive sport pack, Electric Towbar, Family pack plus, Infotainment pack plus, Built Sep 2021
oceanexplorer

Post by oceanexplorer »

I've also recently taken delivery of a Skoda Enyaq iV 60 and while the car is lovely to drive the charging has been nothing but a faff! I have a SyncEV wall charger that I had set to be dumb, e.g. provide power whenever the car asks for it. I then set up a location for my home with the following settings:

Scheduled Departure: 08:30
Restricted Charging: 00:30 - 04:30
Air Conditioning to come on for departure

The car charged overnight and the charger reported that it charged at roughly 1.5kW, well below the 7kW it should be charging at. Having read other threads in the forum this sadly seems to be a common software related problem and incredibly poor service from Skoda. It was nice to have the car heated in the mornings which I've now lost because the MySkoda app is currently refusing to allow me to set schedules for the heating to come on.
RichR

Post by RichR »

You don't need to use the app to set schedules for heating, do it in the car - much more reliable (this is true for quite a few EVs, the apps are often less reliable that doing it directly).
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post