Delayed Charging Timer

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

If you are using charger settings do not enter any settings for the car - they will screw things up.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.

tomm636

Post by tomm636 »

Is anyone else having issues with their Enyaq reducing the charge current? My Procedure is as follows:
  • Ohme Charger scheduled to always charge between 0030-0430
  • Enyaq- No locations set / Charge limit set at 80% / "Limit Current"-Not set
Judging by the amount of charge I get and some times I check the mySkoda app in the night, i'd say its about 50/50 whether i'm charging at 3kW or 7kW. If I catch it at 3kW a quick pause/restart on the ohme app seems to solve the issue.

I have spoke to Ohme who have looked at my charging from their system, they say the charger is attempting to charge at 7kW but the car is not taking it.

Hoping someone knows a fix to this as its getting frustrating/expensive waking up to 50% less charge than i'd planned.

Thanks Tom
Enyaq iV 80 Suite, Quartz Grey, 125 kW DC charging, 20" Vega wheels, Assisted drive pack, Heat pump, Climate pack, Convenience pack, Drive sport pack, Electric Towbar, Family pack plus, Infotainment pack plus, Built Sep 2021
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

I think it may be differences in the way the charger defers charging. My Scheider starts communicating to the enyaq on plug-in for 30 seconds to indicate it's power and that it is set to delay charge. This works well but only charges at 6kw/h which is satisfactory.

I think this will be fixed with an update. German forums suggest this will be in the spring!
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
plasticman

Post by plasticman »

Looks like I'm joining the party a bit late here but I am suffering the same issues. Only got my Enyaq 80 last week so I'm still finding my way around.
But I have managed to set the home location and set my off peak charging times OK. But like Nick123 says what does 'minimum state of charge up to 50%' mean and also 'target state of charge up to 100%'
In my simple way of thinking I would have assumed that the car would charge at the fastest rate until finished.
Mike
Enyaq 80. Eco suite, arctic ice, panoramic sunroof, 125kw charge, climate plus.
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

To answer your questions.
When the exiting charge % is below the minimum the car will charge at once whatever the schedule says (subject to charger not deferring charge).
The target state of charge is the level you want to charge to (recommended 80% as charging to 100% uses proportionally more electricity and will reduce battery life if used frequently).
Linton944

Post by Linton944 »

240V 3 pin charging - delayed start on timed charging then not charging enough :

After contact with Skoda UK I've now had the Enyaq 60 checked by a Skoda dealer and borrowed from another dealer a Skoda 240V charger - and it still doesn't charge correctly - the car still delays the start time beyond that programmed in, then fails to achieve the required charge ( 80%) for example only 4% not 6% added to 78% and then only 17% not 23% added to 74% despite a 7 hour 10 minutes charging time window set ( it should be able to add about 25% ie 7 hours at a realistic 2kW). I've sent details to Skoda UK and await their response
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

People are getting varied results especially with 7kw/h chargers. Other posts indicate there may be differences on the way charging protocols are implemented between different EVs and different chargers. What seems to work OK is immediate charge with no deferment or car or charger. Next best seems to be charge deferred by charger with a few reports of failing to start.

Worst results are reported with using the enyaq scheduled charge.
Linton944

Post by Linton944 »

Yes 've had immediate charging work fine but need the Enyaq scheduled charging timer as night rate electric is about half the cost of day rate ( 12 midnight to 7am) , currently on a 3 pin socket charger due to house building works delaying my full charger installation !
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Hopefully your charger supports time delayed charging.
gdallas

Post by gdallas »

My girlfriend's car was in for warranty work last week
to fix this issue, and the dealer appears to have solved it by changing one very ambiguous setting. I forget what it's called. It's something like the starting charge limit. This needs to be all the way to the left I.e. 0% to allow full charge rate. So far so good she tells me. I've not seen it with my own eyes. But she swears it now schedule charges fine at full 7kw. I think I'd miss understood this setting previously

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post