Sat Nav problems

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
DazzUK

Post by DazzUK »

When the sat nav is in North mode (direction is always up the screen), the car icon goes to the bottom of the screen and points downwards and does not move.

Also dark mode does not work, no matter if I have it on auto or manual.

Hardware: H20
Software: 0792
Nav Database: 21.8

Anyone else have these problems?
iV80 Suite : Assisted Drive Package + : Light and View Package Basic : Parking Package Basic : Convenience Package Plus : Climate Package Plus : 20” Vega Wheels : 125kW charging

DazzUK

Post by DazzUK »

This is really getting frustrating now. I have reset everything back to factory defaults thinking that might help, but no still the same. It’s difficult to use the sat nav and still nothing from Skoda.

Dark nights now and the sat nav is glaring in the cabin as the night mode also does not work.

Also you can see that the signs go over each other.

67D015BB-E01C-46A0-AB08-5EDFF4C1E68E.jpeg

iV80 Suite : Assisted Drive Package + : Light and View Package Basic : Parking Package Basic : Convenience Package Plus : Climate Package Plus : 20” Vega Wheels : 125kW charging
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Zero LTE I see. Think that is your problem.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
DazzUK

Post by DazzUK »

Perchede wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:57 pm Zero LTE I see. Think that is your problem.
Nope that’s not the problem, as far as I know a built in sat nav doesn’t need a phone signal to follow maps as it uses satellites. Doesn’t matter if I have full signal or no signal the icon still disappears down the bottom of the screen and is pointing the wrong way.
Pict

Post by Pict »

I don't have my car yet but is there a way to check the satellite reception. I maybe a fault with the GPS receiver and not locating enough satellites to give an accurate fix

Just a thought
60 Lounge, Quartz Grey, 100 kW charging, Tow bar, Sunroof, Comfort Basic, Family Basic, Climate Plus, Convenience Basic, Drive Sport Basic, Assisted Drive Basic, Parking Basic

Mrs PIct has MG ZS EV, so a fully electric household
DazzUK

Post by DazzUK »

Pict wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:42 am I don't have my car yet but is there a way to check the satellite reception. I maybe a fault with the GPS receiver and not locating enough satellites to give an accurate fix

Just a thought
Thanks, it has no problem following where I am and when I don’t have the map in the pointing North option it centres in the middle of the screen, it’s just in this option it goes to the bottom and the arrow points the wrong way.
darkside66
Location: In The middle (Leicestershire) then over to the right (Norfolk)

Post by darkside66 »

I use Google maps or Waze as both are leaps and bounds ahead of any manufacturers OEM system, I do believe that the stock system also uses mobile network signal to give live traffic update and as you have no connection showing maybe that could be something to do with it
Sportline 80 Black Magic Comfort Seat + climate + infotainment + Drive Sport + Assisted Drive Betria 21 Standard charging
Mrs Darkside Vauxhall Mokka e
Yipeeee we are an all electric household :D :D Oh no just remembered I have a petrol mower :o
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

I've just realised that mine's the same. The car is off the bottom of the screen so you can't see the junction you're at, only what's coming up next.
AND night mode doesn't work. Possibly both related? On the thread about night mode it appears there is more up-to-date display software. Does anyone know if this would cover it?
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

May be it only affects Daz's?
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995
RichR

Post by RichR »

If you tap on the car arrow icon, does that move it back to the middle? What about an expanding pinch to zoom out?

I wonder if it thinks you’ve dragged the map do the car is off the screen and is leaving at the closest point that is on the screen.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post