Enyaq 80 Founders Edition @ £49k... Ouch....

Post pictures of your Skoda Enyaq here
OlivierW11

Post by OlivierW11 »

Beautiful but.... this is Tesla and Polestar territory.... Is Skoda really playing in the same market pool???? (not to say i wouldn't love one of those by the way...)

ENYAQ_iV_056.jpg

ENYAQ_iV_053.jpg

ENYAQ_iV_051.jpg

ENYAQ_iV_044.jpg

ENYAQ_iV_038.jpg

ENYAQ_iV_037.jpg

ENYAQ_iV_036.jpg

current: Kodiaq 1.4tsi 1st Edition
Next (as of 31/09/21) Carmin Elektra - Enyaq 80 Sportliine, 21 inch wheels, Red....

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I do think it looks great, a few more pictures attached.
Must admit, I was a little surpised at the pricing. Over £11k above the normal Enyaq 80.

This is what you get:

In addition to the standard 60 Loft and 80 Loft launch models, ŠKODA will expand the Enyaq iV range to include a range-topping Enyaq iV 80 Founders Edition. The trim features 125kW DC charging, 21” Aquarius alloy wheels, illuminated front grille with LED Crystal face & Matrix LED headlights and a unique black leather interior design pack as standard, priced at £49,995.

Enyaq_FoundersEdFrontUK_5.jpg

Enyaq_FoundersEd_SideUK_1.JPG

Enyaq_FoundersEd_FrontUK_3.jpg

Enyaq_Founders_Rear2.jpg

Enyaq_Founders_FrontUK_1.jpg

Enyaq_FounderEd_RearUK_1.jpg

NewtoEV

Post by NewtoEV »

i like it, I like it a lot. IMHO Skoda are making the best cars in the VW group. It does though take some swallowing to think that a Skoda could cost £49k even it it does have all the bells and whistles.
Hillocklane

Post by Hillocklane »

Hadn't seen the founders edition before stumbling across this - was this like a first edition model? Not seen any in the UK

I must admit my initial reaction to buying a nigh on £50k Enyaq was concern.... can it warrant that cost and is it really playing in the same league as Tesla, Audi etc. Driving it and living with it the above comment is absolutely right, I really think Skoda have the edge on VW and the differences to the Q4 Etron just do not seem that significant, more a question of style now than quality (and i for one prefer the sharper lined Enyaq).

Critically as a family car the Skoda is (as they tend to be) like having a car from the size group above. Add to that the incredible residuals on Skoda's other SUV's, and that unless you want to blow a lot more on the iX3 BMW or EQC Merc the competitors are not really targeting the same market segment. Suddenly £50k looks like 'good value'.

Maybe just paying the price of early adoption still, but time will tell.
Last edited by Hillocklane on Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Xtopher

Post by Xtopher »

Hillocklane wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:06 pm Suddenly £50k looks like 'good value'.
Thats basically where we ended up, ordering a fairly well spec'd Sportline 80. Weighing it up against the competition, its a lot of money but we plan to keep it a long time and get our value from it!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post