Charging help needed

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
jamest

Post by jamest »

Hi @Archer17, thanks for the help. It’s fine really. There was the initial disappointment of the main advertised Ohme features not working with the Enyaq, but as long as it can reliably charge my car during off-peak rates then it is doing its job. And it seems like it will do that.

I just need to verify the charge rate which I’ll do once I’ve run the battery down enough.
Ordered 17th March 2021, delivered 17th November 2021. Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Moon White Metallic, 100kW, Comfort Seat Package Basic, Family Package Basic, Convenience Package Plus, Drive Sport Package Basic, Assisted Drive Package Plus, Parking Package Plus.

tomm636

Post by tomm636 »

Had the ohme fix applied to my charger. It has to be applied to individual users at the minute so do get in touch if you are experiencing slow charge speeds.

Had x3 full speed charges since they applied the fix, hope it continues so we can get reliable charges.

I asked what the fix was and was told "The changes are to do with the CP line and the mapped charge speeds"
Enyaq iV 80 Suite, Quartz Grey, 125 kW DC charging, 20" Vega wheels, Assisted drive pack, Heat pump, Climate pack, Convenience pack, Drive sport pack, Electric Towbar, Family pack plus, Infotainment pack plus, Built Sep 2021
REDEnyaq

Post by REDEnyaq »

I've had my Enyaq i80 for 6 weeks now. I have a PV array and hence a Zappi charger. For the first month when the sun shone I was able to charge off the Solar panels, Charger set to eco+ ( when ever there is a surplus for export the Zappi sends it to the car, it waits when the house demand changes then restarts) there are no time or location settings in the car.
I find I need to set the low battery setting below what the battery is actually at or the zappi will start to charge immediately to that level. The Skoda intent for this (ASFIK) was if you came home with a low charge level to immediately charge to a minimum to allow you to pop to the shops.
Since the sun went down I have shifted to largely charging during my low tariff night slot 00.30 to 04.30am. I have set location and timer profile in the car, again set min battery level below where it actually is (otherwise as above seems to happen). Then set charge to level to be what the battery starts at +30% which is what I seem to get from 4 hours at 7kW. If you set it to high it sometimes keeps charging outside the period which is expensive. Because of this I think the 10% increments the Enyaq allows are to coarse.
I have another option on the charges which is to use ECO+ and a boost period set within the charger to coincide with my low tariff period. While this is recommended by many on the Zappi forum I have yet to perfect it reliably. The reason it is recommended it to overcome a problem know on VW EV's where the EV goes into a deep sleep and doesn't wake up when the charger tries to charge, although nobody has confirmed the Enyaq having this problem.
jamest

Post by jamest »

Quick update. I charged last night from about 56% to 90% in the 4 hour window, and it made it all the way, which it couldn't have done if it was only charging at half speed. So everything seems well with my Ohme charger in terms of charging speed, as far as I can tell.
Ordered 17th March 2021, delivered 17th November 2021. Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Moon White Metallic, 100kW, Comfort Seat Package Basic, Family Package Basic, Convenience Package Plus, Drive Sport Package Basic, Assisted Drive Package Plus, Parking Package Plus.
Marcus’s car

Post by Marcus’s car »

Hi, I’m also having the same issues, had the car two weeks and yet to get a reasonable night charge. Wakes up ok but only draws 1.5kw, happily charges 7kw if not timed. Skoda seem to be trying to hide their heads in the sand hoping we go away, if they can’t sort this out soon I can see the Skoda jokes coming back with a vengeance! Come on Skoda, at least let us know what you are doing.
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Other forums say first update in the spring, to VW 2.3. second to version 3.0 as on the id.5. No idea if fixed in these releases.
If your charger supports scheduled charges use only the charger settings. If not read charger tech manual carefully and see if it can accept a deferred charge electrical input. Mine did and I solvered the problem with a cheap £10 rail digital times switch.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

REDEnyaq wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:01 pm I have another option on the charges which is to use ECO+ and a boost period set within the charger to coincide with my low tariff period. While this is recommended by many on the Zappi forum I have yet to perfect it reliably.
This is what I do, exactly as you say, and it works well for me. ECO+, with a scheduled boost set for 4 hours off-peak low tariff. So it only charges either on free electric, or on off-peak rate. I don't set anything on the car, other than the maximum charge I want, e.g. 80%. I plug in, unlock the Zappi either with my 5-digit pin on the box or pressing the large padlock on the app, and I get 30kW in my 4 hour off peak slot. Simples.
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Skoda France have responded to a French user's complaint concering Enyaq scheduled charging not working correctly. There response was there are bugs in the logic that will be fixed by an update in January. I would not place much confidence in January but it does suggest Skoda thimk it is fixed in version 0910.

Source: https://forums.automobile-propre.com/to ... iak-39580/ [In French]
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
Miket

Post by Miket »

Isn’t there a reduce charge switch in the car setup somewhere, I know it’s in the app
Miket

Post by Miket »

image.jpg

Miket wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:04 pm Isn’t there a reduce charge switch in the car setup somewhere, I know it’s in the app

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post