Had my first electronic glitch last night - loud continuous ‘sine wave’ pitch

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

When you get into the Enyaq and start it up, there is a momentary sine wave pitch, perhaps for half a second.
Last night, that pitch froze and wouldn’t stop! Remember the old BBC pitch that used to play all night with the test card after midnight? It was a bit like that. Perhaps one octave down.

I tried driving and it wouldn’t stop. I tried holding down the infotainment off button and it wouldn’t stop. I tried locking and unlocking and still it wouldn’t stop. On my third or fourth attempt at holding down the infotainment off button, the system did eventually shut down and the noise stopped.

Has anyone else has this? I remember a few comments about noises coming from the system somewhere.

Thanks.

Last edited by Goaty on Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).

Thomas419924

Post by Thomas419924 »

Wow that’s a strange one. Hopefully you don’t get that again .
:D IV80 race blue , Suite interior, heat pump , 125Kw fast charging, Climate plus pack .ordered Oct 16th 2021.
Susans Dad

Post by Susans Dad »

Goaty, you are showing your age talking about the telly shutting down :lol: but thanks for telling us there is an off button for the infotainment. I will look closer till I find it. :shock:
Ordered 21 July 2021 - Enyaq iv 80 , Artic Silver, 21 Betria wheels, Light & view pack +, Infotainment pack +, Assisted drive pack +, Comfort seat pack +, Parking +, Climate pack +, Driving sport pack, Pan roof & now 125kW fast charge
Susans Dad

Post by Susans Dad »

Didn't know you could switch the infotainment centre off but after looking at the manual, I've found it, cheers
Ordered 21 July 2021 - Enyaq iv 80 , Artic Silver, 21 Betria wheels, Light & view pack +, Infotainment pack +, Assisted drive pack +, Comfort seat pack +, Parking +, Climate pack +, Driving sport pack, Pan roof & now 125kW fast charge
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Susans Dad wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:41 pm Didn't know you could switch the infotainment centre off but after looking at the manual, I've found it, cheers

This may prove to be one of the most important buttons to know about 🤣

3C2015D4-7DC8-45BF-B5D5-23BB8B78223B.jpeg

iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
frankfurterbear1

Post by frankfurterbear1 »

Is it like the noise when your windscreen gets hut by a stone? I get this the first few seconds I get into car.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

frankfurterbear1 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:45 pm Is it like the noise when your windscreen gets hut by a stone? I get this the first few seconds I get into car.

It was a non-stop, and quite loud tone - I put a video up in the first post and you can hear it outside the car (it was that loud!)

I incorrectly said it’s the tone you get when you first turn the car on. It was actually the tone when Reverse is selected and the rear camera activates. Instead of switching off after about half a second (as usual) it just froze and stayed on.
frankfurterbear1

Post by frankfurterbear1 »

Goaty wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:55 pm
frankfurterbear1 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:45 pm Is it like the noise when your windscreen gets hut by a stone? I get this the first few seconds I get into car.

It was a non-stop, and quite loud tone - I put a video up in the first post and you can hear it outside the car (it was that loud!)

I incorrectly said it’s the tone you get when you first turn the car on. It was actually the tone when Reverse is selected and the rear camera activates. Instead of switching off after about half a second (as usual) it just froze and stayed on.
Going to listen to video, when my wee one nods off, lying at side of bed waiting for her to sleep.
I get a half second glitch noise when enter car and put into reverse. Can hear it coming through speaker.
Pm83

Post by Pm83 »

I had the exact same thing happen about 6 weeks ago. When I eventually parked up it was still going after I locked the car. Came back 15 min later and it did stop itself, I guess when the computers went to sleep. Nothing else would stop it. Thankfully not happened since, strange glitch!
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

Yep, happened to my car as well. A truly horrible distracting noise. The dealer sorted it for me.

Fossilnot

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post