Park Steering Assist (and workshop manual)

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
RichR

Post by RichR »

I've got access to some of the workshop manuals for the Enyaq, and noticed on the Driver Assistance section that it talks about the Parking Steering Assist components. This is the ability to self park which was shown in pre-release Skoda (and VW) videos, but isn't present on currently released models. However there have been rumours that the Coupe (and the VW ID.5) may have it, and future Enyaqs and ID.4s may have it.

What I've found is that it relies on a couple of extra ultrasonic sensors which are not present on my car (Sportline 80, so standard parking sensors and camera). They're located just in front of the front wheels, on the flat bit of the wheelarch. Without these, even with a software update it's not going to be able to do Park Steering Assist.

Could someone who has Parking Package Plus (ie the 360 cameras) have a look to see if you have these sensors? If so, then there's a possibility it may be enabled in software once the Coupe comes out next year and they start pushing the v3 software to existing models.

As an aside, a friend had paid for an hour's access to ErWin - https://erwin.skoda-auto.cz/erwin/showHome.do - and let me save of as much as I could once he'd got what he needed before the session expired. This is the only legal way to get hold of the workshop manual information - however I have since found some of it available from free on a general car diagnostics website that came up in a Google search. Still can't just download the PDFs, but Windows 10/11 has a handy Print to PDF feature ;)
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

Perchede

Post by Perchede »

I have parking plus. Had a good look around and the only sensors anywhere near the front wheels are the two either side of the front number plate on the grille.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Thanks for checking. There are also an additional two just behind the rear wheels as well - effectively letting the car detect the distance to things on either side of the car, such as other parked cars.

So it looks like it's not going to be possible to have Park Steering Assist on existing cars. Ah well, I guess it wasn't really promised (other than in the pre-release videos).
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
ClausT

Post by ClausT »

I had this in my previous 2 cars - and never used it... :-)
Enyaq 80, black, 21" betria, eco suite, convenience+, assisted drive+. comfort seats+, drive sport+, infotainment+, light & sight basic, clima+, family+, parking+, panorama roof, heatpump, towbar, transport package
BundE34

Post by BundE34 »

Probably one of the most useless driving aids available and not practical in the real world. Tried it a couple of times in our current car when we first got it and never used it again. You'd park the car yourself ten times over before you'd park it with park assist.
IV60 Sportline, Brilliant Silver, Convenience Plus, Parking Assist, Climate, Comfort.
Ordered 20th Nov, build week 9, delivered 16th May.
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

BundE34 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:27 pm Probably one of the most useless driving aids available and not practical in the real world. Tried it a couple of times in our current car when we first got it and never used it again. You'd park the car yourself ten times over before you'd park it with park assist.
I agree. If you're competent at parallel parking, these systems seem quite slow by comparison.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
erato

Post by erato »

I have it in both my cars and have tested it in one of them. Rather useless but a nice party trick.
RichR

Post by RichR »

I too don’t really see the point, but I know people have asked about it.

(I learnt to drive in Buxton, over 30 years ago. No power steering, no flat bits of road. Parallel parked on my test by releasing the brake rather than pressing accelerator as it was downhill).
Oarnoe

Post by Oarnoe »

• The rumours say that the sensors will be installed from January production, and they are possible to order now when you specify your car here in Norway.

It’s not the parallel parking that’s the fun part with those sensors, it’s what is coming. Automatic lane change on highway and self / learned parking without person in the car will be supported if you have those sensor’s
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Oarnoe wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:56 am
  • The rumours say that the sensors will be installed from January production, and they are possible to order now when you specify your car here in Norway.

It’s not the parallel parking that’s the fun part with those sensors, it’s what is coming. Automatic lane change on highway and self / learned parking without person in the car will be supported if you have those sensor’s

Do you know if the sensors will be installed as standard, or it will only be if someone specifies the pack ?
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post