Tips and Tricks

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Lorttrol

Post by Lorttrol »

Hello all,

While waiting for a build date for my Enyaq I have spent a bit of time on YouTube looking at the different features of the car. There have been a few questions about the infotainment systems so I thought I'd search for some tips and tricks.

I found this video for less than 10 mins of my time I learnt a lot about the functionality of the main control screen.

Feel free to add your Tips and Tricks to this chat.

If we can share knowledge it may save some embarrassing questions at the dealers!
Ordered 8th Jan 22 - 80, Energy Blue, Loft, Light and View +, Convenience +, Drive Pack +, Comfort seat basic, Climate Package basic, Drive Sport Basic and HUD. Delivery 41 weeks to the day!
Previous: Tarraco, 1st Edition Plus 2.0 TDI 7 speed DSG 4WD

RichR

Post by RichR »

Dealers are supposed to show you the Skoda videos on their iPads, and let you watch them whilst they wander off to sort out the paperwork etc. There are some good things in those videos though that aren't covered by the manual, so yes worth watching the whole series if you can. But I would of course recommend reading the full PDF manual which is on this site as well, because there's a huge amount in there that isn't in the videos, and not necessarily immediately obvious in the car.

Nothing more annoying that a 'I found a secret feature' posting about something that's clearly documented in the manual. All it shows is that person couldn't be bothered to read the information that's been provided to them (and indeed is no more than a metre away from them whilst in the car, either on paper in the glove box, or electronically on the infotainment or the phone app).
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Vaugeshark

Post by Vaugeshark »

I think it's an excellent suggestion.

My Enyaq is a company car and was delivered and handed over with a thirty second walk through. Not everyone has a full dealer handover.

The car is my first EV and having driven the car for two weeks, I'm still learning. I hope this thread flourishes.
Lorttrol

Post by Lorttrol »

This is the first car I have bought new, and my first EV so I dont really know what to expect.
From what I do know is that people can have vastly different experiences with their dealers. Even when buying from the same dealerships.
Personally I find that videos and audio books help me more than reading, we all learn differently.

Looking forward to seeing what other people post as their Tips and Tricks!
Ordered 8th Jan 22 - 80, Energy Blue, Loft, Light and View +, Convenience +, Drive Pack +, Comfort seat basic, Climate Package basic, Drive Sport Basic and HUD. Delivery 41 weeks to the day!
GavinT

Post by GavinT »

Here are two tips and tricks that I found useful. They have been discussed in other threads, but no harm in repeating under a 'Tips and Tricks' heading.

1. Setting the passenger mirror dipped position when reversing
(Paraphrased from another post by RichR and from what I could gather from the not very clear User Manual)
  • Put car in reverse
  • Turn mirror control knob to L
  • Move mirror control knob to adjust mirror to desired position
  • Put car in D
  • Turn mirror control knob to O
  • Store seat position
For dipping of passenger mirror when reversing to be active, the mirror control knob must be turned to L (i.e. deactivated if mirror control knob turned to O).

2. Navigation system showing ETA or time remaining.
On the full navigation screen, tap on route info (time and distance) at the top of the Route View on the right hand side (a.k.a. the strip map). This toggles between showing ETA or time remaining, which is also shown on the left of the permanently visible top bar on the Infotainment screen.
Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Brilliant Silver (Packages: Family Plus, Climate Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat, Assisted Drive, Parking, Transport, Tow Bar). Delivered Dec 2021.
Bryanmet

Post by Bryanmet »

Passenger mirror dipping is only available with an option pack - not sure which. I don’t have it at all.
Private Car: Enyaq IV60 Suite - Brilliant Silver, 21” Alloys, Convenience Plus, Parking Basic, Climate Basic, Tow Bar, 100Kw. Ordered 21/07/21 - Delivered 22/11/21.
Lorttrol

Post by Lorttrol »

In my Seat Tarraco I moved my seat into position then pressed Set and the number 1, this also set the mirrors to their positions. If I then made an adjustment to the mirrors I could press and hold the 1 button again and the mirrors would move back to the stored position. I also always left my mirror selector on L so when I engaged reverse the mirror dipped. There was an option for turning the dipping mirror on or off in the infotainment system. I dont remeber manually setting the dip position. It might have been the previous owner that did and it just worked for me.

Not got my Enyaq yet to test but as its all part of the VAG setup I would suspect its very similar. I think it will come as part of the Comfort pack that gives you the eletric adjusting drivers seat with memory function, thats what the Tarraco had and the buttons are the same.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Bryanmet wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:05 pm Passenger mirror dipping is only available with an option pack - not sure which. I don’t have it at all.
Yes, you need at least one electric front seat
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post