Heated seats not working whilst charging.

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
charliel1234

Post by charliel1234 »

My heated seats don’t work while the car is plugged in charging. For example, charging at a service station you want to sit there with your aircon and seat heaters on and be nice and warm but it won’t let me. I’ve tried with ignition on, off, all sorts! They also don’t work when selected for preconditioning at a certain time. They only seem to work when not plugged in (driving) and stationary.

I’m hoping this is just a switch or some kind of user error but I can’t for the life of me figure it out.

Any help welcome!

Cheers!
IV60 Suite, Arctic Silver, Comfort Package Basic, Convenience Basic, Drive Basic, 19" Regulus Anthracite Alloys, Parking Basic, Assisted Drive Basic, Climate Basic, Family Pack Basic, Electronic Retractable Towbar.

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Is this a 7kW charger (max) or a higher one ?

I think you can’t run heating etc on A/C chargers (but can on higher D/C chargers).

There is a ‘heat now’ function though which you should be able to activate irrespective of what type of charger you’re plugged into. It might not allow the seats to heat, but should enable warm air.

DA275E9C-4432-4CB6-832D-5F9CC4A17CBF.jpeg

iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
charliel1234

Post by charliel1234 »

@goaty it’s a 7KW charger, but another part of this problem is that when I precondition the car and select the seats to be heated, they aren’t? Surely the preheated seats option can’t only be available on fast/rapid chargers?
IV60 Suite, Arctic Silver, Comfort Package Basic, Convenience Basic, Drive Basic, 19" Regulus Anthracite Alloys, Parking Basic, Assisted Drive Basic, Climate Basic, Family Pack Basic, Electronic Retractable Towbar.
charliel1234

Post by charliel1234 »

Goaty wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:08 pm Is this a 7kW charger (max) or a higher one ?

I think you can’t run heating etc on A/C chargers (but can on higher D/C chargers).

There is a ‘heat now’ function though which you should be able to activate irrespective of what type of charger you’re plugged into. It might not allow the seats to heat, but should enable warm air.
@goaty it’s a 7KW charger, but another part of this problem is that when I precondition the car and select the seats to be heated, they aren’t? Surely the preheated seats option can’t only be available on fast/rapid chargers?
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

I've had similar issues but with using the Skoda APP to heat the seats.
Like you say the seats only seem to heat when ignition is on, driving or not.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=821
Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

I believe that none of us can currently activate the seat heating remotely; the function appears to be there on the MyŠKODA app, but it’s not working yet. I didn’t see anyone confirm they got it to work yet.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

If you look on the manual cabin heating and I'd assume seat heating won't take place on an AC charge until the battery has reached its set SOC, on DC Rapids heating can take place at any time.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post