February software update

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
RichR

Post by RichR »

Yes - the iOS version of the app clearly says 'Air Conditioning (BETA)' at the top of the page. So they can rightly say that it cannot be expected to work as expected all the time. Quite why it's still in the beta stage a year after the car was launched is another matter though. At least they acknowledge in the app that it's not expected to be reliable. The Mitsubishi Outlander app was terrible even 7 years after the car was launched, and often didn't connect to the car or didn't change the settings that it said it had. I think my expectation level for car control applications may be lower than some people's as a result :)

Personally I find the Enyaq app works well enough for me. Yes, occasionally it's unable to connect to the car, and on those occasions I just walk outside and press 'heat now' manually. It'd be nice to have more functionality but it's not in any way essential to using the car. And not every Enyaq owner will even have a smartphone.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

Erakettu

Post by Erakettu »

Thanks for the info.

So glad to see the battery percentages! Updated charging and the seat upgrade are nice too.

Expect delivery this month, so guess I wont automatically get it yet
Stripy

Post by Stripy »

Bugger, so no change in charge for a 60 by the sounds of it 😔
RichR

Post by RichR »

Have to wait and see I guess. 60s leaving the factory now have 120kW charging I believe, so potentially that’s not mentioned in this document as it’s already included in an earlier update that’s not been released to dealers as it’ll be rolled into this campaign.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

I wonder what they are doing to improve the camera, I hope to high heaven I don't need to book my car into the dealers to get this done !

Mines is in on the 25,26 & 27th for airbag module replacement so wonder if they'll update it there and then
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

BioHzrd wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:40 pm I wonder what they are doing to improve the camera, I hope to high heaven I don't need to book my car into the dealers to get this done !

Mines is in on the 25,26 & 27th for airbag module replacement so wonder if they'll update it there and then

I suppose one thing they might be able to do (OTA) is reduce the frame rate slightly; this would enable each frame to be slightly brighter. I haven’t checked but it’s probably running at around 30fps at the moment. 20fps for example would be slightly more jittery but I don’t think that makes a huge difference on a reversing camera. Better to be brighter, than smoother.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

I took to be the same unit off my old Karoq I think one of this issues also is it resolution on the 13" display I think they should reduce the picture size on the screen aswell.

Wonder if they can (or via VagCom) either switch of or Dim the number plate lights when reverse is engaged as switching the lights off the camera is usable at night.

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
RichR

Post by RichR »

What is the view like when it’s in wide angle mode out of interest? Apologies, I forgot to take a photo for you earlier like I said I would in the other thread. I don’t live in an area with streetlights so not sure how comparable it’ll be. My driveway is pitch black other than the car lights.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

RichR wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:25 pm What is the view like when it’s in wide angle mode out of interest? Apologies, I forgot to take a photo for you earlier like I said I would in the other thread. I don’t live in an area with streetlights so not sure how comparable it’ll be. My driveway is pitch black other than the car lights.
Will need to experiment with it at night but during the day it sharpens up the image but obvious removes the guide lines, Will take some photos when I get the chanxevv

BundE34

Post by BundE34 »

My understanding of the document is that its a production change for MY22 models starting on production week 02, not a software update. That's not to say future software updates won't include these updates.

It's not the first time I've come across production week 02/2022. The Irish price and options brochure mentions that cars built from then and optioned with the convenience plus pack will be upgraded to 3 year Skoda Connect subscription.

Screenshot_20220113-212838_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

IV60 Sportline, Brilliant Silver, Convenience Plus, Parking Assist, Climate, Comfort.
Ordered 20th Nov, build week 9, delivered 16th May.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post