Area view upgrade after purchase

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Robrad30

Post by Robrad30 »

Hey folks, I’ve a question regarding the area view set-up. Parking Pack Plus wasn’t an option here in Ireland for whatever reason when building our options list. Can it be added after, be that at a dealer or other installer? Has anyone on the forum added this functionality after purchase?

RichR

Post by RichR »

They removed it from the options list in the UK too for a month or two, most likely to reduce the demand due to the semiconductor shortage.

As for fitting it afterwards, it's probably possible. But it will need the extra three cameras, wiring and control module and possibly wing mirror casings (so there's the hole for the cameras) and then obviously configuring the software to tell it that the cameras are present. I don't know if anyone has attempted it though. I suspect dealers won't have an official process for it (yet) so may be reluctant to attempt it.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Miket

Post by Miket »

RichR

Post by RichR »

Be careful of Kufatec's prices - note that it says they're looking for a car to test it on. Which means they haven't done that specific conversion yet.
They offer a lot of kits for retrofitting features to many makes and models, but you probably want to only look at ones that they have actually done, and those might have a lower (or higher) price when they discover what is needed in practice.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Robrad30

Post by Robrad30 »

I found that Kufatec one after posting. Seems pretty pricey alright. Really disappointed that Parking Plus wasn’t an option. I 100% would have selected it. Our underground parking where I work is incredibly tight. Some people I work with have done serious damage to their cars trying to get in and out of our parking spaces. Area view is a big help when it comes to this!
RichR

Post by RichR »

Do you have parking basic (standard on an 80)? If so, it's worth knowing that there is a wide-angle view option on the parking camera screen which can be helpful when parking between cars. It's the icon at the top of the video feed that looks like a car pulling out of a parking space. Not a replacement for the side cameras true, but it could help.

Personally it's not something I do often - I'm still in the 'park miles away where there's empty spaces and walk so it doesn't get scratched' phase of ownership, and of course I'm working from home at the moment anyway...
Robrad30

Post by Robrad30 »

I’ve a 60 supposedly being delivered this month (my dealer has gone dark, so I’m not counting on that happening) but we did get the parking pack which I think is standard on the 80. Reverse cameras and parking sensors basically.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post