Delayed Charging Timer

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

My guess is that if this is set to zero the charge will NOT be delayed but charge at once.

To quote the manual
"Instant charging up to a certain value
The charging process starts immediately when the state of charge of the high-voltage battery falls below the set value."
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.

tarmon

Post by tarmon »

Maybe it helps -> https://medium.com/gridio/%C5%A1koda-en ... da40188ecd

Background:
I had same problems starting from second charging - I had set the charging to use night-time, low-tariff electricity and the car might not have charged the desired 80-90% by morning. So I waked up once or twice at night and cheked from MySkoda app the charging. Sometimes app didn't response and I walked to car to check.... So weeks and weeks. I accidentally stumbled upon an app in a forum that allowed it to load at the lowest stock price at the moment ... At first it was for Tesla and VW, then Enyaq users were looking for testers. I was one of the first. There were a few small bugs during testing (but that's what testing is for), but in general the app works as expected. I use it all the time now and haven't had to be disappointed yet (except for one time when there was a general power outage due to storm damage and the restart of the wallbox prevented the car from starting to charge).
When using the app, it is important to turn off the recommended charging times from the car media center and voilaa, charge only at the best exchange price.
Enyaq iV60 SportsLine
m0re85

Post by m0re85 »

Hi all,

I developed a workaround to schedule the start charging action on a home assistant software. It is a workaround while my EV charger company is fixing the issue for delayed charging timer. Obviously this soft requires a hardware to run on. But you can have a very cheap hardware like Raspberry pi (around 60€). But I think it can an option for some of you.

Delayed Charging Timer workaround (Home Assistant) --> viewtopic.php?f=8&t=849

Regards,
Trev

Post by Trev »

Hello, We just bought a Skoda Enyaq IV 60 and are in France, the delayed charging doesn't work for us even if the location settings are set. Perdeche, did you have any luck with your delayed charging and if so what is the solution? It seems that everything is all set using the Home Location that we have set up but then the car doesn't charge at the set time (I want to use off peak which is 11pm to 7am for us), thanks.
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Hello Trev, I have removed all my Enyaq settings, If your charger supports it, use it's settings until we receive the Skoda version of the VW 3.0 update.
My charger does not support timed charging but does have an electrical input which can be set as either reduced voltage or delayed charge. I have selected the latter and I added a rail digital timeswitch to control the input, it works a treat.

I have off peak times in our small commume of 13:30 to 16:30 and 03:00 to 08:00, the afternoon slot is really good for washing and dishwashing.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
Trev

Post by Trev »

Thanks Perchede (and sorry for the incorrect spelling previously), good to know about your work around, I don't think ou charger can be programmed for timed charging but will check the electrical input option. I must admit this seems like a fundamental problem and I didn't even imagine that you wouldn't be able to program the care for off peak charging (we even changed our electricity supplier for this....). That is life I guess! Thank you again.
Linton944

Post by Linton944 »

My Enyaq 60 still won't charge adequately on location timed settings - this issue is still with Skoda UK / Skoda technical with no progress despite it being into dealers and having recently had an update and MIB factory reset by a dealer - it's on software 0792 and 108
RichR

Post by RichR »

The timed settings are not expected to be fixed until the version 3 software which is released next month on new builds and soon after for existing builds.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
marccdavison

Post by marccdavison »

tomm636 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:30 pm Is anyone else having issues with their Enyaq reducing the charge current? My Procedure is as follows:
  • Ohme Charger scheduled to always charge between 0030-0430
  • Enyaq- No locations set / Charge limit set at 80% / "Limit Current"-Not set
Judging by the amount of charge I get and some times I check the mySkoda app in the night, i'd say its about 50/50 whether i'm charging at 3kW or 7kW. If I catch it at 3kW a quick pause/restart on the ohme app seems to solve the issue.

I have spoke to Ohme who have looked at my charging from their system, they say the charger is attempting to charge at 7kW but the car is not taking it.

Hoping someone knows a fix to this as its getting frustrating/expensive waking up to 50% less charge than i'd planned.

Thanks Tom
Hi I am seeing exactly the same issue on my 80x with my Pod Point where if I schedule charging it only charges at 3.5kw but if I do an immediate charge it charges at the full 6.5 to 7Kw

I have no location / schedule etc set in the car. All scheduling is via Pod Point and I am 99.9999% certain it's not the Pod Point load regulating given that it does it the middle of the night, or at any other time of day if I want to test / replicate.

I've replicated multiple times following these steps:

Set a schedule on Pod Point (confirm active, Yellow Light on Pod Point)
Plug Car in to Charger - Generally the Light in the charger area will go white (have also seen it go red but the result is the same)
Once Plugged into Charger - Charge Status instantly becomes unavailable in the App
Wait for charge schedule to start and then check the app - Charge State available again and it will show 3.5kw charging rate.
Manually stop the charge from the App / car
Clear the pod point schedule and wait for pod point light to go blue
Start Charge again from the App / Car
Charging rate shows as 6.5 or 7kw immediately.

I have a support ticket with Pod Point at the moment hoping they have logs from the charger but to me it looks like some sort of "handshake" issue with the car when the charge is started by the pod point activating.
greenmach

Post by greenmach »

Hi All,
So my enyaq went in to the dealership last week to try to fix a number of minor issues (including delayed Charging) and after consultation with Skoda technical they updated the software and asked me to test it….with good news!
For the first time since owning the car in July, I have successfully charged to 80% between the hours of 2-6am using the built in timer 😊
Hopefully you can all get in to get the update soon! But the issue does seem to be fixed.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post