Bonnet misalignment

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
white67

Post by white67 »

Finally managed to wash and polish the car - after nearly 3 weeks! - and in doing so found that the bonnet is not aligned properly at the leading edge.
That is, one side is slightly higher than the other.

There's what appears to be an adjustment at the underside of the bonnet using the locking catch (on the bonnet, not the one on the car) but little is gained by fiddling with it.
I can live with this issue but it will bug the life out of me if I can't sort it myself. I have absolutely no desire to waste my time at a dealer if I can avoid it.

Does anyone have a method to fix the problem?
Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Race Blue Metallic, 21" Betria Alloys, Tow Bar Prep, Comfort Seat Basic - with Heated Seats added, Convenience Pack Plus,
Drive Pack Basic, Light & View Pack Basic, Parking Pack Plus, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus

gap998

Post by gap998 »

There are usually rubber bump stops at either side of the slam panel - Normally these can be adjusted up or down - Just a guess, as there's no sign of my car yet.
Enyaq iV60 Loft 100kW Charging, Arc. Silver, Regulus 19", Heat Pump, Ass'd Drive Pack, Parking+, Drive Sport, Conv.+, Transport Pack

Order 2-11-21 - Built 22-08-22 - Collected 28-09-22 - Drive Fault 4-10-22 - Back to Dealer 18-10-22 - Fixed 17-11-22
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

The Enyaq has two bonnet catches, one on each front corner. To set the height initially, you should adjust the actual latch on each side of the slam panel - after slackening the two bolts. (T30 Torx)

20220228_134159x.png

I guess you've tried the adjustment on each bonnet catch already ? These are only for very fine adjustments after the main catches above are first set up.

There are no adjustable rubber bump stops on this bonnet. The ones at the side of the bonnet are just there for vibration dampening.
The black rubber buffer next to each bonnet latch on the slam panel is the switch for the bonnet open alarm.

Hope this helps.

20220228_134134a.png

Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.
white67

Post by white67 »

Excellent reply, many thanks.
I wasn't too keen to mess with the bits in question but the few mm that it's out is just shouting at me.
Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Race Blue Metallic, 21" Betria Alloys, Tow Bar Prep, Comfort Seat Basic - with Heated Seats added, Convenience Pack Plus,
Drive Pack Basic, Light & View Pack Basic, Parking Pack Plus, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus
knobblycats

Post by knobblycats »

I had the same problem, bonnet was slightly higher on one side when shut.

Turned out it wasn't shut properly. Shutting it normally didn't work but a good slam from about 20cm open sorted it out!
Enyaq 60 Loft Energy Blue | Drive Package Basic | Parking Package Basic | Family Package Basic | Climate Package Plus | Assisted Drive Package Basic | 100Kw Charging
white67

Post by white67 »

knobblycats wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:19 am I had the same problem, bonnet was slightly higher on one side when shut.

Turned out it wasn't shut properly. Shutting it normally didn't work but a good slam from about 20cm open sorted it out!
Didn't realise it had been so long since I revisited this - the "SLAM" function did the trick so thanks for that.
I've had a few cars which required bonnet closures to be maximum a moderately firm hand press on a badge, so have tended to be quite gentle with such things.

I do find it odd that playing with the limited adjustments - now reset to standard - had so little effect.
metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

white67 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:03 am Finally managed to wash and polish the car - after nearly 3 weeks! - and in doing so found that the bonnet is not aligned properly at the leading edge.
That is, one side is slightly higher than the other.

There's what appears to be an adjustment at the underside of the bonnet using the locking catch (on the bonnet, not the one on the car) but little is gained by fiddling with it.
I can live with this issue but it will bug the life out of me if I can't sort it myself. I have absolutely no desire to waste my time at a dealer if I can avoid it.

Does anyone have a method to fix the problem?
What polish did you use and how did you find the paint hardness?.
Enyaq 80 Suite, Race Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Alloys and a silly overpriced rubber mat for the boot.
white67

Post by white67 »

Hi,
Sorry for the late response. Polish is Meguiars which was nice and easy to apply. Usually I'll use Autoglym wash and wax for speed.
Occasionally I'll use a ceramic wax - Shine Armor is good.

Paint hardness appears good. Bear in mind the car was built late Nov/Dec 21 there have been a good few months for the paint and lacquer covering to harden off.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post