Screen Wash Level

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

Goaty wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:43 pm Just to confirm / reassure, I also have a delay of perhaps almost a second before screen wash emerges from the nozzles. No headlight washing system on my one.
When you operate the washers you can hear the pump run instantly, it just takes a while for the water to get up to the nozzles because its all drained back down to reservoir.

I must admit I do prefer an instant squirt of water on the screen before the wipers move, I dont like the wipers rubbing on a dry dirty screen. So I added a couple of simple cheap one way valves to each windscreen washer nozzle to stop the water draining back. Instant squirt ! Much better.

Doesn't affect the wash on the headlights at all, this has its own pump with no drain back as its virtually level with the water reservoir anyway. This pump only works when the headlights are in use.
Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.

Xplum

Post by Xplum »

It’s a drain back system so that in freezing weather it should not block or damage the outlets. I have a Roomster that behaves like this annoying but you get used to it
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

Xplum wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:59 pm It’s a drain back system so that in freezing weather it should not block or damage the outlets. I have a Roomster that behaves like this annoying but you get used to it
No problem if you use the correct antifreeze additive in your washer reservoir :)
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

RichR wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:20 pm With mine, if the headlights are on it has to fill and push the headlight nets out before it does the windscreen. But I don’t thing BioHzrd has headlight washers on his.
Correct Rich i don't have headlight washers assuming this only comes with Matrix, just off phone with Skoda parts to order Black Grill and they confirm a sensor is present on my car so i will have a wee dig when i get a chance see if i can see it hopefully its just a loose connector if not itll be a Warrenty claim when it goes in for the never appearing software update
tiger tony wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:37 pm
Goaty wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:43 pm Just to confirm / reassure, I also have a delay of perhaps almost a second before screen wash emerges from the nozzles. No headlight washing system on my one.
When you operate the washers you can hear the pump run instantly, it just takes a while for the water to get up to the nozzles because its all drained back down to reservoir.

I must admit I do prefer an instant squirt of water on the screen before the wipers move, I dont like the wipers rubbing on a dry dirty screen. So I added a couple of simple cheap one way valves to each windscreen washer nozzle to stop the water draining back. Instant squirt ! Much better.

Doesn't affect the wash on the headlights at all, this has its own pump with no drain back as its virtually level with the water reservoir anyway. This pump only works when the headlights are in use.

We guide on what you done would be a handy FAQ for some folks who are interested, parts used and location you installed them some pictures etc etc
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
RichR

Post by RichR »

Some makes have them as standard (mainly Japanese), some don't. You can get the one way valves for washer jets from places like Halfords - I had to replace all three on my last Subaru as they all failed after about 10 years. Very easy job, just find the hose going to the jet, then cut it about 5-10cm away from the jet (to allow the screenwash to drain back a little so the jet doesn't dribble or freeze, but not so much that it takes ages before screenwash comes out) and insert the valve making sure the arrow points towards the jet. Pick somewhere where the valve can sit without rattling (Subaru ones sit in a foam tube, and are close to where the hose is clipped to the bonnet).
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

I fitted my one way valves initially as a trial just behind each spray nozzles. Passenger side was easy as the scuttle cover is in two halves and this side just unclips away. But to fit the drivers side is a right sod of a job. You have to remove both wiper arms to remove the right hand side scuttle cover. I had to use a small puller to remove the arms as they were both really tight.

Here is a quick picture I just took to show the one way valve (blue tubular thing shown arrowed) behind the passenger side nozzle. I just pulled the scuttle cover off and turned it over to show the back of nozzle area. I'm dammed if I'm taking off the drivers side again just for a picture !! :evil:
Just a pair of simple one way valves from Ebay and an extra bit of 5mm polyethylene pipe I had spare.

It works ok, much better than the 1 or 2 second wait like before. Ideally the valve should be fitted a little further back down the line as RichR says, and another one near to the washer bottle itself, but to access that its a bumper off job again. I might do this properly later when weather is better.

washer.png

RichR

Post by RichR »

Yeah, it’s so much easier when the jets are on the bonnet 😄

Having said that, the rear one on my Outback was a right pain. Had to remove most of the trim from inside the boot door to get to the bolts to remove the spoiler then dismantle the spoiler to get to the valve located inside it.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

I’ll have to have a go at this , it was same on kodiaq but at least I got a warning so I best book in before I do it just incase thanks for the pics
Skoda44

Post by Skoda44 »

BioHzrd did you ever get to the bottom of this as I have the same issue and the dealers have no clue. I know what the manual says but the washer level warning has never worked for me, BTW I only have the 3litre washer bottle.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Interesting - I didn't realise there were different sized screenwash reservoir. Mine definitely takes over 4.5 litres when the warning light comes on (ie a whole container).

Just a thought - perhaps there's a larger reservoir if you have headlight washers, and perhaps there is no warning light on the smaller reservoir version?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post