Keys locked in the car

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
orrery

Post by orrery »

Grrrr. Arrived at a shopping centre with the wife, and she locked the car as we left. When I arrived back, I couldn't get in car and I could see my keys in the cup holders between the seats.

I had to phone her to come back and let me in. Lucky I hadn't just dropped her at the airport, off to visit her sister in Canada (she doesn't have a sister in Canada, but you get my drift).

So, it allowed my wife to lock the car with my keys inside - the Leaf wouldn't have allowed that. Sounds wrong to me.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.

Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Presume you have Kessy?
"Protection against inadvertently locking the key in the vehicle

If the key is locked inside the vehicle, the vehicle will unlock itself automatically. If no door is opened within 45 seconds, the vehicle automatically locks again.

If the key is locked in the luggage compartment, the luggage compartment lid can be opened within 2 minutes."
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
ruttlej

Post by ruttlej »

Is it possible to unlock/lock the car with the MySkoda App?
Ordered 1st Nov 2021 - iV80 (Chrome pack, Parking pack & Drive pack) + Driver Assistance Plus pack - Collected 16th July 2022
RichR

Post by RichR »

Not on the Enyaq, at least not yet.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

orrery wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:38 am Grrrr. Arrived at a shopping centre with the wife, and she locked the car as we left. When I arrived back, I couldn't get in car and I could see my keys in the cup holders between the seats.

I had to phone her to come back and let me in. Lucky I hadn't just dropped her at the airport, off to visit her sister in Canada (she doesn't have a sister in Canada, but you get my drift).

So, it allowed my wife to lock the car with my keys inside - the Leaf wouldn't have allowed that. Sounds wrong to me.
My prius allows this to happen. It gives a warning but its possible. It can be useful or annoying depending on circumstance.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
orrery

Post by orrery »

Oddly, I didn't notice any warning.

I did wonder .. the keys were in the drinks container, which is (or appears to be) metal. I wonder if this prevents it spotting the keys are still there.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.