"ACC is deactivated"

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
RichR

Post by RichR »

That's reassuring in a way, as you'd pretty much ruled out user error. Keep us updated.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

orrery

Post by orrery »

I had a similar issue part way through a journey yesterday ...

Stopped off at a shop for half an hour then recommenced my journey. The ACC had gone inactive, any push of the stalk gave a warning message. Also, the battery range, next to the battery icon (the big-mac pistachio sandwich) on the dash, had switched to km. I stopped the car, locked it and got back in - no better. Later in the day I got in the car and all was back to normal.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.
RichR

Post by RichR »

I think for the 'lock and unlock' fixes for this type of software glitch to work, it has to go into proper sleep mode so it can fully power down the computer modules and start them up again. Which means locking it and leaving it for perhaps 10-15 minutes at least. Otherwise everything is still running so you get a quick restart if you've only popped out of the car briefly. I had a similar one with a 'Travel Assist is not available' - locking and unlocking after a minute didn't resolve it, but when I stopped the get a cup of tea it did.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Delbert_Wilkins

Post by Delbert_Wilkins »

Delbert_Wilkins wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:26 pm Quick update on this. Took the car to the dealership for a while-you-wait appointment the other day. They confirmed “multiple software errors”. There’s nothing sinister or dangerous about it, but they do need longer than a 2 hour slot to sort. It’s been booked back in at the end of the month.
Took the car in today for an extended stay with the dealer. They elaborated slightly on the problem, which is that the car has basically stopped recognising that it has ACC. They've never seen this particular problem before and have contacted the technical team at Skoda for advice. They booked me a courtesy car for "an extended period, just in case", so they're not anticipating an early solution. Hopefully it's something Skoda already know about, but I'm not holding my breath.

As an aside, I really, really dislike having an ICE car again, and not just because of petrol prices (they gave me the car with a quarter-full tank, grumble grumble). Having to go to a petrol station suddenly seems really inconvenient after charging at home...
iV80 Suite | Quartz Grey | Comfort Basic | Family Plus | Assisted Drive Basic | 125kW | Rear Side Airbags | Heat Pump | 20” Vega Wheels.
Ordered 31/8; Build week 44; Collected 28/12/21.
RichR

Post by RichR »

I went to a petrol station last week to get fuel for my lawnmower. Felt dirty pulling up at the pump 😃
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

RichR wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:13 pm I went to a petrol station last week to get fuel for my lawnmower. Felt dirty pulling up at the pump 😃

I know what you mean; filled up the wife’s diesel last week and I could smell it on my hands all day !!!
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Erakettu

Post by Erakettu »

I would ask the dealer to pay for gas, or atleast the difference between home electricity and gas. Warranty issue so shouldn't be additionl costs to you
Delbert_Wilkins

Delbert_Wilkins wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:59 pm Took the car in today for an extended stay with the dealer. They elaborated slightly on the problem, which is that the car has basically stopped recognising that it has ACC. They've never seen this particular problem before and have contacted the technical team at Skoda for advice. They booked me a courtesy car for "an extended period, just in case", so they're not anticipating an early solution. Hopefully it's something Skoda already know about, but I'm not holding my breath.
Latest:

Skoda technical advised changing the steering wheel, which the garage has done but it’s made no difference. I know this is the solution for other traffic assist problems that people on here have experienced, but I always suspected it would make no difference in this case (slightly different issue). Makes me wonder whether Skoda actually understood the problem first time round. Anyway, the dealer’s gone back to them again, but it doesn’t sound like it’s a common problem.
iV80 Suite | Quartz Grey | Comfort Basic | Family Plus | Assisted Drive Basic | 125kW | Rear Side Airbags | Heat Pump | 20” Vega Wheels.
Delbert_Wilkins

So they’ve been advised to change the ACC switch. Unfortunately these are on back order and could take anything from 2 weeks to 3 months to arrive - so I’m going to take back the car in the interim.
RichR

Post by RichR »

It's interesting because you worked out quite early on that the symptoms seemed to suggest it was the stalk itself not responding properly. So you'd think that'd be the logical thing to start with. But I guess if they can't get hold of them...