Additional USB ports

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Tony_J

Post by Tony_J »

I'm finding that the 2 USB C ports is a bit limiting - one is occupied by my dashcam and the second by a phone charging cable, but I wiould like to be able to plug in a memory stick full of MP3s to play on the audio system. I tried plugging in a USB hub but the system appears not to support them. Is there a solution, or is 2 ports the absolute limit?
Last edited by Tony_J on Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RichR

Post by RichR »

You could hardwire the dashcam into the fuse box like many people do - makes for a neater installation too.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Tony_J

Post by Tony_J »

True, but if there is an easier solution I will go for it.
Philh

Post by Philh »

Could I ask a related question here. I have an ipod nano and purchased a new lead to fit the Skoda USB ports. When I plugged it in, the system does not recognise it.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Does it work if you plug it into a computer with USB C sockets? Just to rule out the lead not working (ie it could be a charge only lead).

Certainly I've had no issue plugging USB 2.0 flash drives in using a USB C to USB A adapter, so I don't see any reason it shouldn't work.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Philh

Post by Philh »

Thanks for the advice, it was a cheap lead from evildog, so will try plugging it in elsewhere. I was so disappointed as I'd spent hours doing a playlist on the ipod.
Tony_J

Post by Tony_J »

I've had no problem with mp3 files on a USB memory stick - works a treat.
matokuko

Post by matokuko »

Although Usb hub is not suppprted for data, I am able to charge my phones through the hub without problem.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post