Sunroof rattle noise

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
frankfurterbear1

Post by frankfurterbear1 »

Since good weather has came, don't know if the heat has caused an expansion and caused a rattle from the sunroof directly above the drivers head.
Sounds like a screw has came loose or been left in the gubbins of the sunroof anyone experienced anything similar? Cheers

Makima

Post by Makima »

Hello, I have a similar situation, it took me a long time to figure out what it is about, when the panoramic roof is open to the statue or there is no rattle at all, if anyone has a solution, I would be grateful.
T Dyhre

Post by T Dyhre »

Same issue here. I think it is the sun curtain that makes the sound. In the start the sound disapeared when I closed the curtain. But now the sound keeps on going even when the curtain is open or closed.
I my opinion it is a job for the dealers workshop. But if enyone had this fixed please help me and inform how the workshop should fix this.
AndyH

Post by AndyH »

Ours has just started doing this as well. I’m deaf in one ear, so cannot pinpoint sound. However, our son was in the car this weekend and thought it was coming from the sunroof. Squeaks and rattles in a car are like fingernails down a chalkboard for me.

Thanks for raising this, it looks as if it should be an issue for the dealers to sort out, unless anyone here has found a fix.
IV80 Suite, Race blue, 20” Vega alloys, heat pump, electric tow bar, panoramic sunroof, 125kW, climate/transport packs, ordered July 21, delivered November 21. 1st EV and still loving it.
arctic_skoda

Post by arctic_skoda »

Dear users,
I have exactly the same problem. This same noise appeared a few weeks ago. It disapeared when I closed the curtain but gradually even with the sunroof closed, it persists. It seems to me that the vibration occurs at different places on the right side of the roof, more towards the front or the back. Since my car is no longer under warranty, my dealer does not want to dismantle the entire roof. Have any of you finally identified the source or even have a solution? Thank you in anticipation.
fatman

Post by fatman »

I am waiting for my enyaq.
But I am driving id3 since 21.this is max and have sunblind and this been doing all the time .twice VW put some kind lubricant that sorted for 2 months and came back again.then I bought silicone lubricant and and put outside roof rubber between.and repeat every 2 months.but please as garage first what ever you do incase something else.this this I won't get sunroof.....I am happy
Ordered 8/01/24
Skoda Enyaq 85x Sportline Plus 4x4+Heat Pump Race blue
just now ID3 max
arctic_skoda

Post by arctic_skoda »

Thank you very much fatman for your feedback. In my case, however, I do not think it is the rubber seals of the sunroof, because even with the sunroof open the noise does not disappear.
fatman

Post by fatman »

arctic_skoda wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:44 pm Thank you very much fatman for your feedback. In my case, however, I do not think it is the rubber seals of the sunroof, because even with the sunroof open the noise does not disappear.
does it still rattle in rain?if no then it is sealing rubber.if yes then something else.
Ordered 8/01/24
Skoda Enyaq 85x Sportline Plus 4x4+Heat Pump Race blue
just now ID3 max

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post