Sunroof and curtain controls not working at all 🙃

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
imajez

Post by imajez »

Our sunroof and curtain glitched at end of last year, with roof jamming open slightly a couple of times. Eventually got it closed for no apparent reason, but not dared open it since.

dgerzy

Post by dgerzy »

C2atb wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:44 pm
dgerzy wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:30 pm Having the same issue with rooftop and light tactile commands working randomly. My car is currently at the dealer for fixing... hopefully!
Fingers crossed resolved soon and Please let use know what was done to resolve this and
Hello,

Quick feedback: the dealer changed the roof control panel under warranty and it is now working fine!

I also asked to change the light under the external mirrors, also under warranty!

Very happy with my dealer :)
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

dgerzy wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:41 pm
C2atb wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:44 pm
dgerzy wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:30 pm Having the same issue with rooftop and light tactile commands working randomly. My car is currently at the dealer for fixing... hopefully!
Fingers crossed resolved soon and Please let use know what was done to resolve this and
Who is your dealer? I haven’t chased mine but I was told was awaiting parts for puddle lights and that the controls are just software issues . I now have a dim actual puddle light no logo and random interior light control so just don’t touch it at all incase it gets stuck on again lol

Hello,

Quick feedback: the dealer changed the roof control panel under warranty and it is now working fine!

I also asked to change the light under the external mirrors, also under warranty!

Very happy with my dealer :)
hMd

Post by hMd »

Hi
My ones been playing up here and there, usually fixed it self after a lock/unlock
But today it was non responsive for the most part of the day which led me to this page

After reading everyone comments, nothing worked

Out of frustration, sat in the car, I locked the car with me inside by mistake...key dropped out my pocket, phone fell out! Was getting flustered so managed to grab my keys and held down the unlock button to get some air... And voila the sunroof woke up like morning glory and has worked fine since then!
dgerzy

Post by dgerzy »

C2atb wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:25 pm
Who is your dealer? I haven’t chased mine but I was told was awaiting parts for puddle lights and that the controls are just software issues . I now have a dim actual puddle light no logo and random interior light control so just don’t touch it at all incase it gets stuck on again lol
Skoda Saint Victoret (in France, close to Marseille)
80LE

Post by 80LE »

I have had this issue several times. So far problem has disappeared in 30 minutes or so when I have locked the car and left it alone.

In some forum I have read that many relays reset themselves after 20 minutes.

Now I tested the hint in this thread: I pressed the interior light button in that panel and sunroof functioned OK after that.
Phil_R

Post by Phil_R »

I also have used the press on the interior light switch, when the sunroof or curtain stick. Seems to work.
IV60, Artic Silver, Eco-suite, Comfort +, Heat pump, Convenience +, Drive Sports +,Transport, Parking basic, Assisted Drive +, Climate basic, Family +, Info +, Pana roof. Ord 22/06/2021 Del: 27/11/2021.
cmariepurple65

Post by cmariepurple65 »

This seems to be a recurring problem! I have had my Skoda Enyaq iV 80 for nearly 5 months, and have about 1200 miles on it. Today, after more than 2 months of not using the sun roof at all, while I was driving with both hands on the steering wheel, the sunroof started to cycle through the opening sequence, rising up, then down, then up... it did this about 15 times until I was able to park and shut off the car, but with the sunroof in the open position. I was not sitting on the key; it was in the cup holder by itself. I tried to use the controls before I shut the car off, but neither the sun roof nor the blind would respond. Once I started the car, the controls worked and I was able to shut the sunroof and the blind using the console controls.

What do I do if this happens again? What if I cannot pull over safely to cycle through the start/stop sequence? My nearest dealer is more than 2 hours away. We live in mid West Wales and leaving the sunroof open in our weather is a non-starter for me.
ComicGeek

Post by ComicGeek »

cmariepurple65 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:35 pm This seems to be a recurring problem! I have had my Skoda Enyaq iV 80 for nearly 5 months, and have about 1200 miles on it. Today, after more than 2 months of not using the sun roof at all, while I was driving with both hands on the steering wheel, the sunroof started to cycle through the opening sequence, rising up, then down, then up... it did this about 15 times until I was able to park and shut off the car, but with the sunroof in the open position. I was not sitting on the key; it was in the cup holder by itself. I tried to use the controls before I shut the car off, but neither the sun roof nor the blind would respond. Once I started the car, the controls worked and I was able to shut the sunroof and the blind using the console controls.

What do I do if this happens again? What if I cannot pull over safely to cycle through the start/stop sequence? My nearest dealer is more than 2 hours away. We live in mid West Wales and leaving the sunroof open in our weather is a non-starter for me.
Yeah, my previous Enyaq used to do that, a couple of times when it was snowing as well. Mine would do it really intermittently, 4/5 times over a 18 month period, so never something the dealer could replicate. Cold or rainy conditions seemed to make it more likely to happen.

The only way to stop it is to pull over, turn the car off, leave for 15 mins or so, and try again. If the roof console lights can be turned on/off when you turn the car back on then that's a good sign it's resetted - I always found that it was the whole roof console that went wrong, and others on here have had that replaced to try to fix it.

It annoyed me so much that my replacement Enyaq has no sunroof.
smartin

Post by smartin »

Got my new enyaq last week. More often than not the whole sunroof panel is not working, including the lights above the rear seats. I have it booked to go back Feb 13th. Hopefully they’ll be able to sort it. For those ones that got it fixed, did it come back?
Not great for a one week old car

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post