Sounds AWOL

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

Today we lost all radio stations. Hunting through settings we got a message to the effect of ‘your sounds settings will be restored shortly’. Anybody else affected similarly?

Fossilnot

C2atb

Post by C2atb »

Yes but along with numerous other strange things The whole infotainment system is very random with faults hopefully when updates come they will be sorted
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

H’mmm, the heated steering wheel switched itself on last Sunday. (I’ve never used it.) Similarly the heated front seats mid-journey. The steering wheel heater I know how to control but the seats……….can I heck find a seat icon/symbol thingy…

Fossilnot
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Fossilnot wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:04 am H’mmm, the heated steering wheel switched itself on last Sunday. (I’ve never used it.) Similarly the heated front seats mid-journey. The steering wheel heater I know how to control but the seats……….can I heck find a seat icon/symbol thingy…

Fossilnot

It’s the one on the far left / right of the bottom bar

There’s about a half second delay when you
Press it. 3 levels you can set, as well as ‘off’

4A9342AA-EC6E-44F9-97FB-702C05A147B6.jpeg

iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

I don’t have that on my display. Thanks anyway-it is precisely what I’ve been searching for… My car is a fairly early example and I would much appreciate guidance as to how it might be possible to add that to the display.

In other news the absent sounds are fully restored this morning and-it seems-improved! I now have the benefit of sliders for bass, mid-range, and treble. Happy days.

Fossilnot
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Fossilnot wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:32 am I don’t have that on my display. Thanks anyway-it is precisely what I’ve been searching for… My car is a fairly early example and I would much appreciate guidance as to how it might be possible to add that to the display.

In other news the absent sounds are fully restored this morning and-it seems-improved! I now have the benefit of sliders for bass, mid-range, and treble. Happy days.

Fossilnot

I’m fairly sure my heated seat icons are there permanently and always have been. I guess as you’ve had them switch on randomly, your Enyaq is obviously equipped with heated seats (were you able to use them ‘at will’ during the winter and have subsequently found the icons disappeared?).

I think you may need to speak with your dealership; looks like your firmware is a bit messed up and they ought to sort this for you at their expense.

Best of luck 🤞
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

No, to be unusually frank I had assumed that it did not have heated seats! (I bought it off the shelf) You can imagine my surprise last Sunday when-given that it was a mild spring day-I felt my hind quarters starting to cook.

I probably will refer the problem to the dealer-thank you for your help.

Fossilnot
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Fossilnot wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:37 pm No, to be unusually frank I had assumed that it did not have heated seats! (I bought it off the shelf) You can imagine my surprise last Sunday when-given that it was a mild spring day-I felt my hind quarters starting to cook.

I probably will refer the problem to the dealer-thank you for your help.

Fossilnot

Hmm, so that might support what others have discussed elsewhere- i.e. whether the wiring is actually in place irrespective of whether heated seats were ordered.
If your firmware is acting up a bit, perhaps it inadvertently activated something you’re not really meant to have 🤣🤣. Now that would be an interesting development!
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

Am I correct in my recollection that heated seats and heated steering wheel are part of the same package? ‘Cos I do have a heated wheel….

Fossilnot
IanJ

Post by IanJ »

Fossilnot wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:46 pm Am I correct in my recollection that heated seats and heated steering wheel are part of the same package? ‘Cos I do have a heated wheel….

Fossilnot
No, confusingly the heated seats are in the Climate package whereas the heated steering wheel is part of the Drive package which is standard on the 80.
Last edited by IanJ on Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iV 80 Suite, Arctic Silver plus various packages. ME 3.1
Ordered late Oct 21 for delivery June 2022. Scheduled production now Week 29 (was previously late September). In transit 25 July 22. Delivered as ordered 17 August 22.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post