Acoustic glass

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
desholly

Post by desholly »

Hi, Has anyone had the acoustic glass added to your car as an optional extra? on reading about this glass there are supposed to be symbols on the glass ie Acoustic/sound screen or capital A on the glass
but I'm unable to see anything! anyone advise please if you had the same fitted. I have Loft 62 Kwh. it comes on the Convenience Package Basic on their website it state ( acoustic glazing of the front side windows reduces the noise level in the interior thanks to a special film.

desholly

Post by desholly »

update

So after speaking with my dealership they informed me that the acoustic glass wasn’t fitted via the factory when the vehicle was built so on the convenience pack plus where it clearly indicates that it should’ve been so now I’ve got the dilemma of what I do and how I can get this resolved going forward does anybody have any idea would appreciate
Robrad30

Post by Robrad30 »

:D
desholly wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:17 am update

So after speaking with my dealership they informed me that the acoustic glass wasn’t fitted via the factory when the vehicle was built so on the convenience pack plus where it clearly indicates that it should’ve been so now I’ve got the dilemma of what I do and how I can get this resolved going forward does anybody have any idea would appreciate
That’s pretty annoying. Did they try to give you an explanation? I guess though it might not be a huge issue to rectify though. I’m sure that glass will be available as a part that the dealer can order and install. It has to be available to order after all, glass breaks, and they need to make replacements right? Hopefully all that’s required is that the dealer places an order for the replacement part and fits it for you (at their cost).
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

So I assume the windows you have, aren’t tinted at the back?

If you had the Convenience Pack, it should also have come with keyless entry. Did you get that? Perhaps they missed the entire pack off altogether?

If you did indeed pay for the Convenience Pack and didn’t receive it, they mustn’t fob you off with an aftermarket window tint. These are ‘ok’ but are not the same standard as having factory fitted acoustic/tinted glass. Aftermarket tints stick onto existing glass, whereas I believe factory fitted tinted windows are coloured darker in the actual glass itself.

That’ said, if they agree to replace the glass completely, you’ll want to ensure they don’t damage anything else!!

Good luck !!
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
desholly

Post by desholly »

yes, I do have tinted on the back but the dealership said that was done when deliver into them at a cost of £200 which they took care of which is the case, all the other items are on the car, he's checking again this morning with Skoda support, so when the car had its PDI surely they should've noticed this? I shall wait for the response back this morning but will be insisting they fit the right glass.
If it wasn't for me checking the internet regarding acoustic glass and what to look for I would've never known. I keep you updated.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

/\ sounds like they put an aftermarket one on, to me. I’d challenge them on this!!

One easy way to tell an aftermarket one from factory fitted - can you easily see the orange de-mister lines on the back window? If they are hardly visible when you look from outside the car, the glass itself is tinted. If they are very visible, then they just stuck a tinted plastic coating on the inside. Done properly, this can be effective but it’s never likely to be the same standard as a proper factory tint.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
desholly

Post by desholly »

Thanks for that information, it's a joke you trust these people
Bryanmet

Post by Bryanmet »

I have tinted windows as part of Convenience pack and car was delivered to dealer with these already in place. (They sent me a video when the car arrived there). That said, I have also looked for evidence of acoustic glass and cannot see any markings to confirm this but I didn’t dwell on it at the time. Perhaps I should’ve checked then!

All other aspects of Convenience Pack are present - Power Tailgate, Keyless entry, Wireless charging. Be interested to see how this develops and what dealer feedback you get.
Private Car: Enyaq IV60 Suite - Brilliant Silver, 21” Alloys, Convenience Plus, Parking Basic, Climate Basic, Tow Bar, 100Kw. Ordered 21/07/21 - Delivered 22/11/21.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

This is a good example of what I mean - this is an aftermarket tint, applied to untinted glass on the inside of the car. The de-mister lines are very visible, as is what’s called the ‘dot matrix’ effect - where the tinted sheet doesn’t quite make contact with the glass, due to those slightly raised black ceramic dimples around the edges of many car rear windows.

Factory tints would not have either of these issues.

6DC9BBFD-6BFC-4D40-B77B-55023076A06A.jpeg

desholly

Post by desholly »

I have to say I haven't got that on mine ??? strange when the dealership has said already they done it, still waiting for them to get back to me this morning