PLEASE HELP!!! - 21" Betria vs 19" Regulus - Honest Opinions...

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
TechyTish

Post by TechyTish »

Hi All,

I have placed my order yesterday and I'm wondering if im made a mistake by selecting the 21".

Can someone please answer the following that has selected the 21" and tried driving with the 19":

1. Is the comfort level for driver & passengers worth the price? 21" = £1,145 and 19" = £120
2. I realised I havent added the family pack, so Im wanting to add the family pack basic, but I'd need to sacrifice one of my current packs.
3. Are the 21" really easy to mark? I currently have a few scuffs on my 18" karoq :lol: so im fearing the worse.
4. The 21" would obviously be more pricier to replace when they get worn anyone know roughly how much difference?
5. What would be the disadvantage of me not getting the 21"?

As im writing this I feel like I want to change and add in couple of packs to be honest.

ALSO, just realised the HUD is nice i kinda want it that is £750 + family pack £335 = £1,085 so that plus the 19" = £1,205 vs no family pack, no HUD and 21 wheels = £1,145

EDIT: I have now removed the wheels and paint colour and gone for the 19" Regulus and Energy blue - then added in HUD & family pack plus win/win :D
Last edited by TechyTish on Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Current: Skoda Karoq SE L 1.5 DSG - 69 reg
Ordered: Enyaq iV 60 | Energy Blue | Loft | 19" Regulus Alloys | Sat 26/03/2022
Basic: Comfort Seat, Light and View, Drive Sport, Parking
Plus: Assisted Drive, Climate, Convenience, Family, Infotainment

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

I can answer some of these points:

1) My family have started complaining but I’m happy with the ride of my 21” Betria alloys; it’s a bit like ‘sport mode’ in my previous car. Our roads are pretty terrible though where we live.

3) There’s very little tyre wall - so if you’re not careful, they will be easier to mark. I’m extremely cautious and dip my mirrors to make sure I can see the kerb / wheel when reversing into a space next to a kerb. Eventually though I will have to let colleagues drive this company Enyaq - I’m dreading that.

5) I think the only ‘advantage’ is the look. They do look incredible, but if they’re scratched to pieces?? In terms of disadvantages - they are noisier, less efficient (apparently) and likely to be expensive to replace. Also a bit more harsh and easier to scuff, as mentioned above.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
zice

Post by zice »

yes, imho don't get the 21". More expensive rims, more expensive tyres, less comfort, less wall, scratch magnet.
For the price premium you could get a full set of winter rims & tyres, charge your car for years only at fast chargers, get a wallbox, etc....or even save them. Shitty times coming.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Also, have a look here :

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=911
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
TechyTish

Post by TechyTish »

Goaty wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:45 pm Also, have a look here :

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=911
I had a look earlier.

I've emailed the dealership to change my order. Thanks all!
RichR

Post by RichR »

Could you compromise and go for 20”?
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Erakettu

Post by Erakettu »

I went for the 19 stock wheel. Lighter rims for better consumption. More rubber for comfort. This is a win-win
DazF05

Post by DazF05 »

I read somewhere that upgrading from 18” to 20” wheels on a very popular EV reduced the range by a very significant amount

So that was enough for me to go for the 19’s
Enyaq IV80 Loft Quartz grey HeatPump 125kw charging convenience pack climate pack and electric tow bar.
NickyP

Post by NickyP »

I have 21s and don't find the ride harsh at all. As for damage, any wheel can be kerbed so careful parking is all's required.
For me the wheels make the car look that bit better so well worth any potential cost over a smaller rim.
As with most things, each to their own and buy what you are happy with as every man and his dog will have a differing opinion.
MY22 Enyaq 60 nav suite, Race blue, 21" Betria wheels, 100kW charging, Comfort seat pack basic, Climate pack basic, Chrome pack, Driving sport package basic, Assisted drive pack basic, Parking pack basic, Panoramic roof.
TechyTish

Post by TechyTish »

RichR wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:57 pm Could you compromise and go for 20”?
Why do you recommend?
I also do not like the look of them! I wish the 21" came in 19 tbf.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post